Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 11:11:33 PM EDT
Hello gents,

Picked up a new Glock 43 over the weekend.  Ran about 150 rounds thru it tonight - all 124 grain FMJ's and HP's.

It shoots way low !    About 3 1/2 inches low at 10 yards.  No - it's not me ! !

Any idea where I can get a higher rear sight for my new 43  ? ?  I'll need either a 6.5 or a 6.9 rear sight.

Thanks ! !
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to replace the factory sights, replace them with a set a quality steel night sights. I prefer Heinie myself but lots to choose from.

Without knowing more, I would assume it IS you. Give it another chance. Go out again and shoot some groups. If it is consistently low again, then replace the sights. But don't fart around with another set a plastic rear sights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
with my G43, the sights are spot on at 15 and 25 yds with a center hold like this:

for close in shooting (10 yds and under) putting the center dot of the front sight on the center of the target gives me 10 ring hits.  this makes sense for quick, close in shots...just put the dot on target and fire
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You CAN'T get a higher factory sight. Dawson Precision could probably hook you up with an aftermarket.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Glock sights are factory zero'd at 25m (27yds) with a center hold (fig 1 below)

for short ranges, you need to hold like in fig 0

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top