Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 4:29:40 PM EDT
I have a 2.5 generation Glock 27 and after the serial number on the barrel there is an octagon symbol. Can someone tell me what this means? Thanks in advance for the info.

www.imageshack.us]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hint:  Octagonal Rifling

Actually, I suspect the symbol on your barrel is a pentagon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hint:  Octagonal Rifling

I was thinking the same thing but my G19 barrel has a pentagon proof mark an I know that has nothing to do with the rifling.

IIRC the pentagon had something to do with the steel used for the barrel so I'm wondering if the octagon is along those same lines?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IIRC the pentagon had something to do with the steel used for the barrel so I'm wondering if the octagon is along those same lines?

Could be.  I always thought it was sort of a generic symbol representing the "polygonal" type of rifling.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this a standard marking on all Glock barrels? I had a G22 a few years ago and I do not recall seeing any markings on the barrel...or maybe I just can't remember.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It is a proof mark, probably showing the barrel has successfully fired an over pressure or double charged cartride.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is this a standard marking on all Glock barrels? I had a G22 a few years ago and I do not recall seeing any markings on the barrel...or maybe I just can't remember.

I believe that way back when, the Glocks assembled in Austria used to have a NPv or somthing like that instead.  Is that what your old one had?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is a proof mark, probably showing the barrel has successfully fired an over pressure or double charged cartride.

DOUBLE CHAGRE!!!   And it didn't go Kb?
Just kidding
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I believe that way back when, the Glocks assembled in Austria used to have a NPv or somthing like that instead.  Is that what your old one had?

Hey, Hey!  I think you are on to something!

Proof Marks
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
pics added...sorry for the size
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
damn that pentagon is new to me never seen that before hehe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top