Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 5:01:40 PM EDT
Doing some ammo price research for a friend who recently picked up a Glock .40 cal and all I am seeing are flat nose bullets.

Some firearms are made for round nose and have issues with flat point/nose and even hollow points.

Never owned a .40 cal so not sure if the flat point/nose bullets are typical for this caliber or if flat nose don't really feed properly which is why there is plenty available.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Glock 23
I have never had a failure to feed , much if what I shoot are flat nosed full metal jacket ( cheap ammo whatever I can find )
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot a G35 for several years now.  Seems like lots of 40 S&W ammo and reloading bullets are flat nosed.  The feed fine, especially in Glocks, and are nicely accurate.  No worries, enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Never owned a .40 cal so not sure if the flat point/nose bullets are typical for this caliber
View Quote

They are. Don't think I ever saw a round nose .40.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
40 bullets are pretty much all flat, otherwise they would be too long to fit in 9mm sized magazines and guns that they typically share a frame size with.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Never seen anything but flat nosed for .40S&W. Been running a G22 for 14 years with 1000s of rounds with only 1 ftf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top