Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 5:22:23 PM EDT
I really should only own one and I really like the FDE color and I love my G34. Would it, in your opinions, completely ruin the values of these guns if I swapped the lowers and sold the G17 as mis-matched gun? All opinions welcome!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I really should only own one and I really like the FDE color and I love my G34. Would it, in your opinions, completely ruin the values of these guns if I swapped the lowers and sold the G17 as mis-matched gun? All opinions welcome!!

I say if thats what you want then do it. Ultimately its your gun and you can do what you want to it.

If I was buying the mismatched G17 I would want to pay less but thats just me. I like everything to match.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I would definitely lower the price of the G17 at that point.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a steal on my G34 mainly because the upper and lower are mis-matched.  I don't care one way or the other, but the previous owner was having a hard time selling/trading it because they didn't match.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep them both if at all possibe otherwise you wil probaly regret it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
You'd be lower the values of both, of course.  I never did understand the attraction to having a doo-doo brown lower with a black upper, anyhow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#6]
All of the FDE and OD Glocks still come with black uppers.   I prefer that.  I don't like cerekoted handguns as the finish wears off too fast with holster use.

Quoted:
You'd be lower the values of both, of course.  I never did understand the attraction to having a doo-doo brown lower with a black upper, anyhow.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think I like this the most. No need to change them!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I like this the most. No need to change them!

I'll go with this, its too bad Glock has to put serial numbers on the slide and barrel, just to shoot us parts buyers in the foot when its resale time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If I had to get rid of one it would be the G17, I like the FDE, but I love my G34!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Swap them and shoot the G34 if that's what you want to shoot, but unless you need the money for a rifle or shotgun, I'd keep the G17 in reserve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top