Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 5:54:14 PM EDT
(I posted this earlier on AR15.com, but just found the handgun forums here...)

Yesterday a slide-rail broke off my Glock 21 (.45):

(www.geocities.com/triangleglocksupreme/GlockPerfection.jpg)
http://www.geocities.com/triangleglocksupreme/GlockPerfection.jpg

I was very surprised, and sad cuz it's my favorite gun. Just 2 months old, a few thousand rounds through it.

I'm sending it to Glock Inc.

Has anyone heard of this happening to other Glocks?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:(I posted this earlier on AR15.com, but just found the handgun forums here...)

Yesterday a slide-rail broke off my Glock 21 (.45):

http://www.geocities.com/triangleglocksupreme/GlockPerfection.jpg

I was very surprised, and sad cuz it's my favorite gun. Just 2 months old, a few thousand rounds through it.

I'm sending it to Glock Inc.

Has anyone heard of this happening to other Glocks?

I haven't heard of that specific problem before, but FWIW, my Glock 30's captive recoil spring became un-captive after a couple hundred rounds.   Customer service shipped me a new one and no problems since.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that recoil springs often need replacing, but usually only after thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Blaze,

I answered you over on AR15.com but will reply here too.

By the way, nice dry weather we're haveing here in Tucson, isn't it?

Any gun, no matter the make or model, can break. Glocks tend to breal/malfunction much less than most others. Despite their advertising slogan about "Perfection" they were designed and made by fallible humans.

There have been tens of thousands of Glocks sold which have fired thousands of rounds without a glich. In my CCW classes the one gun that my students don't seem to have problems with are Glocks. Can one occasionally be a lemmon. Sure, but they are rare.

Get Glock to fix you two month old G21 and start shooting. Chances are you won't have any more problems.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top