Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 11:44:14 PM EDT
Hello,

DO the factory night sights have the same U shaped box on the rear sight? I shoot well with these sights but I am thinking of having night sights installed (as my front sight came off anyway).

Here is my front sight-less G27
http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/guns/glock27L.jpg
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like there are 3 major players now for night sights...Trijicon, Mepro and the factory now has their own. I think they all use the square notch but you give up the white outline in favor of white dots surrounding the actual glowing capsules on both sides of the notch. Mepro being the cheapest, but nice.  Replacement factory sights are around $11 and come with 4 rears (for elevation) and one front. Also hi-viz sights and a laser that replaces the recoil spring guide, so you can keep your sight picture. Just to look around try www.glock-1.com It shows some sights and other goodies too.

Made the link hot
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:Seems like there are 3 major players now for night sights...Trijicon, Mepro and the factory now has their own. I think they all use the square notch but you give up the white outline in favor of white dots surrounding the actual glowing capsules on both sides of the notch. Mepro being the cheapest, but nice.  Replacement factory sights are around $11 and come with 4 rears (for elevation) and one front. Also hi-viz sights and a laser that replaces the recoil spring guide, so you can keep your sight picture. Just to look around try www.glock-1.com It shows some sights and other goodies too.

From now on, the only night sights I'll buy are the AO Express.  That big front sight is impossible to miss, and there is no confusion between front & rear because the rear is a bar.  But the thing I like best about them is that there is no chance of the rear sight obscuring the front sight when you have a correct sight picture.  Folks claim that they are not good for accuracy work but I don't see any problem.

www.aosights.com
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I go along with Ken. I have become a convert to the Ashley Express system. Their Pro-Express tritium, especially the new 24/7 version is ideal for concealed carry and self defense.

And, like many new ideas, once you adapt to them (which take practice, dah!) they can be surprisingly accurate.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, the Ashleys are an idea.

I  saw them and may consider them, they are some what similar to the Heinie straight-8s which I like.

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmmm, the Ashleys are an idea.

I  saw them and may consider them, they are some what similar to the Heinie straight-8s which I like.

Been thinking of trying the Straight-8s myself. Anyone have any experience with these?

Jamie
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya'll are going to call me crazy but I've had really good luck with a Trijicon front sight and luminous paint on the factory rear.

I used to shoot IPSC with a G22 and G27, the rear luminous paint made the rear stand out just enough (when in the shadows.)
I don't like a really bright rear sight as I hardly look at it while shooting.  
We all know the factory Glock rear sight is weak plastic and not to be relied upon but it worked well for IPSC. Again, .02
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have used the factory Ruger V notch and gold bead sight for revolvers and it does "pick up" quicker. (similar sight picture as the ashley) Not too "busy" either, trying to get a fat front sight into a narrow rear notch. The Millet bar/dot system was another approach to avoid mixing up the dots, I used it on a S&W 915, which was fine too. The ashleys, at $120, with one less tritium capsule, I would say is a tad bit inflationary?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top