Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2010 12:00:48 PM EDT
I have a few ideas on "why", but I'd lke to get input from what the rest of you know and have been taught.  Or if you think it's not really that big of a deal if you do "print".  Or are found carrying.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
In Florida, we have no open carry.  If you have a permit, the handgun must be concealed.

I for one do not want a cop to see that I'm carrying, because that could be a violation of the conditions of my permit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that printing does not violate the 'concealed' part of the florida license.  As long as it is covered and not super obvious I think you will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
99.9% of people will never notice a print

A few might, but they're usually the ones you don't have to worry about, fellow gun guys.  

That said, i check before i walk out of the house/get out of the car, because i don't like printing in the off chance someone notices and wants to make a fuss about a "man with a gun"...
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I look at it as if I were carrying a big wad of cash. Nobody needs to know that I have it and there isn't a good reason to draw unwanted attention to it. In reality, very few will ever notice a subtle print as it could be one of many other benign objects. (cell phone, pager, ipod etc.) The ability to blend in and go unnoticed is a big plus when carrying a weapon.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I believe that printing does not violate the 'concealed' part of the florida license. As long as it is covered and not super obvious I think you will be fine.

Maybe we're talking about a difference of degree.  I'm not talking about a bulge, I'm talking about an obvious outline of a handgun.  I interpreted the OP's question as referring to that kind of 'printing.'

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
A few reasons.  1) A lot of people are affraid of guns.  Is it justified..no.  But it is what it is and if you don't want to have to justify the second amendment every time you fill your vehicle up with gas then just conceal the damn thing.  2) in the unfortunate event that you are targeted by a bad guy because you have something he wants then you may have a real problem if they spot the gun before it is sending hot lead in their direction.  3) If a cop spots the gun you may find yourself face down on the pavement explaining to them that you are a concealed carry permit holder and you would likely have a gun pointed at you.  Since a lot of cops are a little jumpy that could be more than a little uncomfortable and dangerous.

My thoughts anyway.  You can disagree.  It is ok to be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, in your state, printing can get the cops called, and you can get a free trip to jail.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, in your state, printing can get the cops called, and you can get a free trip to jail.

Yeah, there's always that problem.   But I was more less wondering about the other states that have legislation for CCW.  Or some call it EDC, I guess.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A few reasons.  1) A lot of people are affraid of guns.  Is it justified..no.  But it is what it is and if you don't want to have to justify the second amendment every time you fill your vehicle up with gas then just conceal the damn thing.  2) in the unfortunate event that you are targeted by a bad guy because you have something he wants then you may have a real problem if they spot the gun before it is sending hot lead in their direction.  3) If a cop spots the gun you may find yourself face down on the pavement explaining to them that you are a concealed carry permit holder and you would likely have a gun pointed at you.  Since a lot of cops are a little jumpy that could be more than a little uncomfortable and dangerous.

My thoughts anyway.  You can disagree.  It is ok to be wrong.

These are good thoughts and I thank you for your input!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top