Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 5:49:03 PM EDT
I carried a P239 in Chicago when I was doing executive protection, as I was limited by corporate policy to a double-action 9mm.  Methinks the P245 is also an outstanding weapon, for the concealed DA role, if caliber is not an issue (And believe me, I took issue with the corporation's choice of caliber!).

Now:  If you can't carry a 1911 due to legal/procedural reasons, what WOULD you carry?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a .40 P239 and a P245. Both are hard hitters and conceal great. Either would be a good choice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
P239--cause that is what I carry in 357Sig. Lot's of bang for the size and is still comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
AGGIE1,
Have you ever shot the Sig357 at night? I have heard the muzzle flash will give you a temporary blind spot, sorta like a flash bulb. I have a .40 P239 it is great but as I am sometimes prone to wonder if the "grass is any greener" I thought I'd ask this question.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
If limited to the ones shown then I'd most likely go with the 245. But my #1 choice would probably be a 357Mag revolver.

If some of the protection work was going to be mobile, then I'd most likely modify that decision. For example, if I were going to be providing protection while in a Corporate Vehicle I would want to have a second gun, SiG2340 first choice then 229, 226, 239 (in that order) in 357SiG stored inside the vehicle. While I'm not a big 357SiG fan, the use you descibe where the possibility of kidnapp or attack existed and where the opponents would likely be in a car, is a prefect application for the 357SiG.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up an all-nickel 245 w/factory night sights at a show a year or two ago, have always been a die hard HK USP fan but this 245 has really impressed me with it's quality, accuracy, and general shootability.  Recoil is very manageable even with the shortened grip.  The only problem with this pistol is that it's too damned pretty for regular carry.

Personally I prefer these to a 1911 style, and the SIGs have an advantage over HK USP Compacts if you want the option of hand cocking the hammer for the first shot, assuming you're not worried about snagging a small exposed hammer instead of having one that's bobbed off flush with the frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top