Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:19:35 AM EDT
Im eyeing one of these for carry duty but im wondering do you order based on your pant size or use the beltman measuring method?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too.  Someone on another forum recommended the Aker highly, so I'm looking at them, but not sure about the sizing.  Call them and ask, then let us all know.  Oh, OK, I'll do it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got an email back from Aker (CopQuest).  The guy said to order what you need, they are true to size.  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got an Aker B21.

I wear size 34 jeans and ordered a Size 38 belt for IWB use.

I put my IWB in my pants, then ran a soft measuring tape through the belt loops. It is true length, no tricks. Similar to the beltman and wilderness methods.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my 2 Aker dress belts from the UPS man, today.  They are very nice, and extremely well made.  You can see the stiffener runs the whole length, except for where the holes are.  I wear 33 jeans, and I ordered a 36, because a 34 belt only gives me 1 hole to work with.  I believe these are going to be just what I need for IWB, and tuckable carry.  I tried them on and they are very nice.  I didn't put the gun and holster on because I have been as sick as a dog, and just didn't feel like it yet.  I ordered 2, 1 brown and 1 black, because I didn't want to pay shipping twice.  I'm glad I did.  I believe they are a good belt, but I would say they are a great belt for the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top