Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 10:03:41 PM EDT
I read the off limits places on packing.org, but I am still unclear on if its legal to carry in a restaraunt that sells alchohol. It says that rule will no longer be in effect after july 1 2003, but the wording isn't real clear, anyone know for sure? Take a look at the off limits places at number 4, does it mean as of july 1 2003 the owners and employees cannot carry or that everyone else can?

www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/michigan
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
As of July 1st 2003 you can legally CCW in a business that sells alcohol for consumption. The rule is that alcohol can't be it's major source of income. Sales OTHER than alcohol have to account for over 50% of it's income.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that an owner or employee (with owner's permission) can carry at their business that sells alcohol. Namely a bar.
Check out www.mcrgo.org. That's the best place to find out information about Michigan's gun laws besides the state police web site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top