Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:03:53 AM EDT
Do y'all carry in a hospital or your doctor's office?  I am sure I will get a whole bunch of yea's as I don't see how being in a hospital or family practice will make you immune to an attack, but I just wanted to know how you feel about this.

If yes, do your doctors frown upon the fact that you carry?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry everywhere I go. I was carrying during a CT scan of my wrist a few months ago now that I think about it.  The chance of the doc finding out are slim, but if he did, I dont' really care what he frowns on.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry whenever I'm visiting a hospital.

Shucks!  My doctor talks about what he got at the last gun show with me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry in hospitals & doctors offices all the time twice this week already - concealed is concealed.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I use to work security for a hospital back in the day.  You are not allowed to carry in the hospital I worked at and the weapon would be taken and held in a secure location or you would be asked to leave.  That being said, I never searched anyone and as long as you were not waving it around the waiting room, I could care less if you were carrying or not.  Concealed is concealed, as someone said.  It's not the good guy carrying legaly that we worried about.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I always carry in hospitals. Some of them have the no CCW signs, but I pay zero attention to them. The last time I was at the doctor, I took off my G19 and layed it on the counter in the exam room, and my doc pulled out his new G39 to show me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
MRI scans and similar machines with biga** magnets might be a good place to avoid while you're carrying unless you want to cause some excitement!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
MRI scans and similar machines with biga** magnets might be a good place to avoid while you're carrying unless you want to cause some excitement!

It can also magnetize the firing pin rendering your gun useless until de-magnetized.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry in the hospital. But when I'm going to the doctor to get examined I leave it in my truck.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#10]
This is not an option in Michigan.  It is illegal.

SP

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Carry? Sorry, I can't carry because I had a boating accident yesterday and lost all my guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top