Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:38:03 AM EDT
This isn't a carry issue exactly, but this seemed like the most appropriate place for this question.  so here goes.

Does anyone know about the legality of keeping an expandable baton in your car?  I have one that I'd like to have in the car until I can get a CCW (19 yrs old) but I don't know about the law on things like that.

I've been in a couple of situations where I was able to talk the potential BG (he was high on something and very indignantly 'asking' for money) down and walk away slowly, but if it had come to a fight, I probably would have lost.

Thanks for the thoughts
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
There are lots of states/cities that have "Dangerous/deadly weapon in a vehicle" laws or statutes.  An ASP would fit in that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#3]
An yet a tire iron in your car is fine-diddly-dandy. Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have carried an ASP for many years, like 12 or so. I carry it as well as my CCW P220. I have used the ASP instead of the firearm a few times. I also carry it whenever I cannot pack the P220 in.

It is an effective tool when a firearm is not needed. Pepper spray works well as well. I carry both most of the time I carry a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
4 D cell mag light.  Legal in all 50 states, and costs about $20 at Home Depot.  And its a flashlight too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
4 D cell mag light.  Legal in all 50 states, and costs about $20 at Home Depot.  And its a flashlight too.

+1

And that's exactly what you say when the cop asks why you have it.  In case you break down at night and need light, of course.

Tire irons are for changing tires.

A good baseball bat is a necessity when you're going to the cages to practice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top