Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I finally received my maryland W$C permit it took me $350 class, $60 fingerprints and $75 for application. Then was the 60+ day wait

I didn’t go anywhere special.  Just went  to the grocery store and picked up a few items.  In and out in about 15 minutes.
I had on 1 size larger carpenters jeans with a nylon belt, the holster and gun was a Ruger max 9 in a inside the waistband holster.  I then had on a carhart t shirt and a pull over hoodie.  I felt like everyone was looking at my pistol.  I also thought every police officer i saw was going to pull me over.

I know  to most of you this is not a big deal, but maryland just went  from may issue to shall issue.
View Quote

Congrats. My first carry outing was at Walmart. Been pulled over twice. No issues. Handed my CHL with my driver's license. This was before constitutional carry was a thing here.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I finally received my maryland W$C permit it took me $350 class, $60 fingerprints and $75 for application. Then was the 60+ day wait

I didn’t go anywhere special.  Just went  to the grocery store and picked up a few items.  In and out in about 15 minutes.
I had on 1 size larger carpenters jeans with a nylon belt, the holster and gun was a Ruger max 9 in a inside the waistband holster.  I then had on a carhart t shirt and a pull over hoodie.  I felt like everyone was looking at my pistol.  I also thought every police officer i saw was going to pull me over.

I know  to most of you this is not a big deal, but maryland just went  from may issue to shall issue.
View Quote

That's pretty standard when you start carrying.  You'll eventually start feeling more comfortable with it, just don't ever get overly comfortable carrying cause that's when something stupid will usually happen.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once you figure out the best belt / holster combo, you will slowly stop giving it a thought.  After several years, it's no different than wearing any other piece of clothing.
View Quote

Just hope this never happens.  It is definitely NOT just another piece of clothing & complacency with a firearm can lead to disaster.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Do like the rest of us did and walk around Walmart for a couple hours. You'll be good after that, although you might need a drink.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just hope this never happens.  It is definitely NOT just another piece of clothing & complacency with a firearm can lead to disaster.
View Quote

Yep! Do like 500,000 South Carolinians do. Take the class, get the permit, and don't buy a pistol because it's so dangerous. Or buy a gun and leave it unloaded at home because it's frightening to carry it.

How do I know? Because tight tee shirts don't lie. It's hot down here and everbody wears tight tee shirts. That's why CC people don't stop criminal activity in proportion to their numbers. But It's okay because they will never ever get complacent with their weapons.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a PF940v2 (G17 clone) in an IWB holster underneath a black t-shirt and either a purple Hawaiian or tan button-up. Nobody has ever noticed anything. Granted, I'm a fatso and can carry at 3:00 with no issue, but if you think about what gun you're carrying, how you're carrying it, your body type and what you're wearing, you can construct a good setup to avoid printing or make the printing way less obvious.

Even if I sometimes print, the Hawaiian pattern means nobody can see the outline. Plaid and camo will work great for this as well (I need to buy some plaid and Mossy Oak button-ups, myself). Bonus points for hunting camos because nobody will expect you to be carrying if you look like the only gun you own is a Remington 700 for deer hunting. Certain clothing like sports apparel and jewelry will draw people's attention and distract from printing. I used to exclusively open carry and wearing OSU merch made public interactions go a lot smoother.

You'll be fine, OP. Do your part to conceal like a pro and you'll never have an issue. Sounds like your setup is already pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#7]
one of the very few good things in maryland is  it is a ware and carry permit. we can open or concert as long as we have the permission slip issued by the state.  so if  i do pattern  aside from scaring some liberal snowflakes there is very little that can be done about it. legally.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Carried 40 years before it was legal.  
View Quote

Same here usually IWB nobody has ever said a word.Now we have constitutional carry so it doesn't matter
that much if it's seen.Now I use a shoulder holster and carry a hellcat,I use an oversize button up shirt
over a t-shirt and button the three lowest buttons,hides well and easy to get to.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top