Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2022 8:27:04 PM EDT
Current rotation is CZ p07, P10c and an optic mounted g19. Carry is between 2-3 oclock. I was at the shop today handling a hellcat, p365 and sas version and p10s. They didn’t have a g43 for me to handle. I am looking for something that gives me a full grip for my hand. I can get all fingers on the hellcat and 365 with pink extension baseplate. I can get just get a full grip on the p10s. I can carry the 3 I mentioned in the first line of my post fine with a semi loose tshirt. I’m 6 foot and about 180lbs and in decent shape so some of my shirts fit snugger than others (wife likes them ) In those shirts I print like crazy and usually have to put a loose button down on or just switch T-shirt’s. I have some mild back problems and after a full day of being out I can feel the pain creeping in. I don’t mind discomfort but I am not cool with pain after a full day. I’ll probably still carry my go to 3 that I listed but am in need of something I can carry for a full day when I need to and when it is ridiculously hot out. I am not opposed to manual safeties either since the gun I train most with is my p07 and 75 compacts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, I used to be a big sig fan but dropped them when their QC went to shit and have not looked at a sig in over 5 years. Springfield never really impressed me but the hellcat did feel pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
P365XL in a Wilson Combat module carried AIWB
works quite well for me, 12-14 hrs a day 7 days a week.
Magguts kit gives 14+1 and has been 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Try a Glock 43X, you will like the full grip.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Start with a 365XL. Then add what you like.

I personally kept mine stock other than adding an extended mag release. By far my favorite CCW!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a pretty severe back pain after a car accident.  I carried a Colt 1911 plus 2 spare mags all day in a IWB holster for 17 years prior to that.  Initially I couldn't handle such weight on my waist so I started to carry a Glock 26 in a IWB holster but even that got to be too heavy for all day carry...so I just pocket carried a S&W 638 in front pocket for a while.  My friend suggested I try wearing suspenders to help distribute some weight to my shoulders.  I tried and it really helps.  Now when I want to carry "heavy" pistol (Sig 228, G19) I use Perry suspenders and shift some of the weight from waist to shoulders.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a Glock 43X, you will like the full grip.
View Quote

This is the answer you seek...MOS with a good RDS atop it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a P10S.  It is useless in comparison to a P365XL, and I am a huge fan of the P10 series...  I think you'd be really happy with a 365XL.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#8]
43X is a full grip, love mine with a Wright holster
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you try a Hellcat with the 13rd extended mag in place?  That should give you a full grip or nearly full if you have extra large hands.

In the "micro" arena I have carried a few: Sig P938, Kimber Micro 9, Kahr PM9 + CM9, Hellcat, Glock 43, etc.

Hellcat would be my choice.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#10]
P30sk is da/sa like the p07, but not much smaller or lighter, but I like it and it’s what I carry. If I iwb carry, I’m not going smaller than that because it will still be about the same comfort and not conceal that much better. I do like the Shield plus and G48 though. But if I want comfort and in the heat In shorts I’m going j-frame in the pocket or maybe the lcp max.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m going to suggest going the opposite direction. From the guns you have now, which one would you have the most confidence in using if you were forced to defend yourself against an armed attacker? Pick that gun and carry it all the time. Instead of spending money on another gun for the rotation, perhaps spend that money on ammo and training to help you master your chosen pistol. Perhaps invest in a better quality holster and/or belt that allows you to carry that pistol all day, every day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
P30sk is da/sa like the p07, but not much smaller or lighter, but I like it and it’s what I carry. If I iwb carry, I’m not going smaller than that because it will still be about the same comfort and not conceal that much better. I do like the Shield plus and G48 though. But if I want comfort and in the heat In shorts I’m going j-frame in the pocket or maybe the lcp max.
View Quote

Lately I've been carrying a P30SKS with a Streamlight TLR7A mounted in a Tier One Echo.  Combined with a quality 8# load rated track belt ... I forget the gun is there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top