BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anywhere there isn't a metal detector is good for carry.
View Quote

This is the right answer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I was out of LE for a few years working as a non-sworn state investigator. Was was not authorized to carry and definitely would have been fired if discovered. Unfortunately for me I was dealing with the same people I did when I was a cop. I carried a Ruger LCP in my front pocket (this was before the days of the micro-compact). Luckily I never needed it and no one was ever any the wiser.

I’ve since moved back to NC and I’m back in LE so the only requirement related to carry at work for me now is that I am required to.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a j frame AIWB. Don't tell anyone. No one will ever know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a good knife and a large can of pepper spray for a start.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Last couple of companies that I worked for had signage. One had a sign at the automatic car gate entering the property = No Firearms. Our employee response was don't talk and they don't search. Last company had signage at the employee building entrance.  Good thing was that they didn't require transparent backpacks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Where I work is a don’t ask don’t tell sort of thing. Usually carry a P365 and I know a couple others carry as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately I would lose my job if I was caught carrying by my employer at my primary job.  Luckily what I keep in my car is my business.  At my secondary job we are required to carry so I am armed there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a teacher, and therefore do not carry.

I have said to people and I will say again, if my kids, or myself get injured at school from a situation where self defense would have prevented it, I will sue the living pants off the school district.

And to the tough guys who say 'i do what I want", that sounds great on the internet, How about a cookie. If we all did that, everytime we wanted to do that, we woul dhave anarchy and all be dead because ppl...
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have said to people and I will say again, if my kids, or myself get injured at school from a situation where self defense would have prevented it, I will sue the living pants off the school district.

And to the tough guys who say 'i do what I want", that sounds great on the internet, How about a cookie. If we all did that, everytime we wanted to do that, we woul dhave anarchy and all be dead because ppl...
View Quote

Not an internet tough guy but rather someone who both takes personal responsibility for my safety knowing when seconds count the police are just minutes away as well as someone smart enough to realize suing the pants off the school district isn't going to do anything to bring people's lives back.

just my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Front pocket carry. With a proper holster to break up the outline.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
i don't care if it's fort knox and the bad guy has to use an industrial drilling rig to cut a hole through the main door, i'm carrying my p238

are employee going postal incidents a thing? if so, that justifies my carrying. all you're doing when you allow yourself to be disarmed is to place responsibility for your protection squarely on someone else, and frankly i don't think any boss likes their employee that much, much less has the means to do anything in an active shooter event.

if you've ever worked in a secure environment you would have likely sat through mandatory emergency training where they explain that you need to do everything in your power to escape and evade, and if cornered, fight back to the point of killing the attacker. that's all well and good, but not one of those geniuses had the sense to include the use of self defense firearms?

it all comes down to the employer/authority/government regulator not trusting the average hick civilian to be smart or trained enough to deploy their personal side arm effectively. and that's on them, i'm not the one telling them to demonize guns such that everyone is afraid to touch one and train and become proficient so maybe they shouldn't try let and their own screw up affect my ability to defend myself.

if it comes down to it, i trust myself more with a gun than a police officer. and that's not saying cops can't be good at their job, just that i'm confident in my own abilities dealing with an active shooter 15 feet away from me when they're 15 minutes away on a donut break
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Just put in my 2 weeks at an anti-ccw gun business job for one that is pro-carry. We had metal detectors so depending on who was working sometimes I carried anyways and sometimes I didn't, got caught once because of those stupid metal detectors and they gave me my first and final warning. Bag checks aren't a thing though so when I wasn't carrying on me, I kept it in a little BOB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Company I'm at now doesn't allow CCW. We're technically a DoD contractor and have to pass through metal detectors every time we exit the building
I work for a firearms manufacturer though, in sales, so there are plenty of things that go boom nearby. Been doing firearms manufacturing for the last 10 years with some fairly big companies.

Prior company only authorized a few people to CCW. I did anyways.

Another prior company authorized CCW only with an in state CCW. Since that state honored my original state's I carried anyways. That state also had open carry, which I did sometimes whenever we had to go out to do test firing or photo shoots and whatnot.

Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Most of time in Office Professional (Slacks & Tie with occasional suit required)

Love my S&W Shield with the 7 round flush fit mag.  I carried concealed most days.

Had "several "Thunder-Shirts" which are a white T-shirt with a elastic holster in the side seam which blends well under a dress shirt.

Not going to win any fast draw contests, but I could keep my 9 with me.

I also had a Day Planner Organizer "book" for times when I'd be going inside places that required "Screening" and could thus leave it locked secured in the vehicle or outside the secured area.

It was insta-Termination to be caught carrying - but you do what you do because I could always get another job...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]
For real though, just keep your damn mouth shut. That’s how probably 90% of people get made.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don’t give a shit what your policy is. My life is worth more than a job.
View Quote

if everyone had this mentality, employers would be forced to dispose of their worthless regulations. the people who do active shootings at work places will bring a gun regardless. these rules do absolutely nothing for anyone, it actually harms the employees by leaving them defenseless and unable to stop the threat when they otherwise could. gun free zones and anti gun work policies directly contribute to the kill count of mass shooters. it's unforgiveable. i would never allow myself to be complicit in that.

i carry not just for my own safety but to stop the threat of an active shooter or some other criminal element.

the most sinister part of these laws is that it makes the people who vote and apply these laws feel like they're keeping themselves and others safe when they're doing the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
One of my company's buildings is in a bad part of town.
They have a tall fence with razor wire that surrounds the compound.
To get in you have to pass through a locked down area with armed guards.
Yet, there's a strict no-gun policy at work and there are signs posted everywhere saying as much.
I'd feel so much safer there if I could carry but that's not how Democrats see the world.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Linemen ... well, at least you get to carry all sorts of edged and blunt melee weapons.

Develop your throwing arm?
View Quote

28" flat metal X-arm brace, 16"x5/8 machine bolt would make a bad day for someone with a shatter collrabone or elbow or wrist. Hawk bill or straight blade skinning knife on the belt all the time.
Heck a whack with 9 inch lineman plyers, or the channel lock slip joint  that you have in your back pocket all the time
Issued wasp and hornet spray, or dog spray.

https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Fixed-Blade-Utility-1-69-Inch-Stainless/dp/B071V887ST
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RP4CBJX?tag=arfcom00-20

Either of these knives work good because they have a largeish handle to operate while wearing 30K rubber gloves.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How would they know if you have a firearm in your car?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went from police to working in aviation. Can't even have a firearm in my vehicle in the parking lot.

You get used to it,  but what sucks is going home before running any errands after work unless you want to go to ___ without your carry gun.

How would they know if you have a firearm in your car?

exactly
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For real though, just keep your damn mouth shut. That’s how probably 90% of people get made.

View Quote

Unless you need to go through metal detectors, concealed is concealed and what he said above...
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Last Post Date
6/26/2021 12:49:49 PM EDT

Stop helping ANTIFA
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#22]
The company I work for has a no-firearm policy. However, before I started teleworking 100%, my boss actually requested me to CCW. He was worried about disgruntled former employees.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Not only can I not carry, but I also have to be very careful not to mix up bags, mags, loose rds, etc.  

Keep one in your car, use good situational awareness, and try not to be overly paranoid.  It’s not that big of a deal.   99.9% of all humans have survived without CCW.   You’ll be A-OK
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm surprised any company would want the liability of preventing an individual from defending themselves in today's world. Everyone knows criminals won't follow law nor policy so honestly the smartest thing is to make sure there's a good guy(s) with a gun(s) to counter the bad guy with one. Since 99.9% of civilian employers provide zero security for staff and customers to deny them self defense seems incredibly irresponsible.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don’t give a shit what your policy is. My life is worth more than a job.
View Quote

This.

What momma don’t know, won’t hurt her.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Firearms were banned at my school but I still had a heavy lump in my pocket for 4 years through that apprenticeship. My best friend that had every class with me never knew untill I told him after graduation. The way I figured, your most likely to get shot at a school since they are "gun free zones"

Work also banned Firearms but we go through armed security, and then a metal people grinder turn gate just to get in so I leave the 2 piece and sides in the car
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I carry everywhere I know I wont hit a metal detector. I don't care if it's legal or not. Thar includes work. I appendix carry a Sig P365xl at work. No one knows.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#28]
There are many different small gun options that nobody needs to know about, as well as many different places on you to carry it. If all else fails, carry it in your prison wallet. Christopher Walken carried that hunk of metal up his ass for 5 long years. I'm confident you can do it for 8 hours a day.

Seriously though, do whatever you think is right for you. Now if you work at a facility where there are metal detectors or security wands, then obviously that will dictate what you should do.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I wouldn’t know……
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd personally carry anyway.  A P32 in a pocket is pretty much undetectable and not oopsie prone like IWB.  Sights kinda suck but it shoots decently fast and accurate.  

This is my department qual from 15y to 5.  Shooting around barricades, one handed right and left, timed draw and fire, reload incorporated, etc.  I'm happy with it.

View Quote

I'll never carry something as weak as a .32 ACP. A Glock 42 in an IWB holster with a DCC Monoblock belt clip would be my choice for deep concealment, but even .380 ACP is pushing it for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not a teacher myself, but I'm pretty sure carrying in a no-gun zone is nowhere near the same as murdering people on a whim...
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I carry anyways. My life is worth more then my job. A few others I've worked with feel the same. I obviously dont carry where prohibited by law.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I start linemen school in august. And know i wont be able to carry while at work, in company vehicle etc. Im someone who carries every time i walk out my door no matter where im going/what im doing. Anybody else like that and then started a job where they cant carry religiously. How did you get over the feeling naked part. What do you do to make yourself feel most prepared.
View Quote

If it is an explicit policy, I remind myself that part of my compensation is to not carry.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#34]
My plant manager requires management to carry at all times, so no problem now.  At my previous job, they had a no firearms policy.  I just carried this NAA revolver instead of my main carry piece.  It sucks to have a pea shooter, but it's better than nothing.  

" />

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anywhere there isn't a metal detector is good for carry.

I would never advise anyone to break the rules of a company handbook, state or federal laws, but if I don't go through a metal detector, I don't take my gun off until I'm home and even then I just trade it for a bigger gun that hangs out in a corner somewhere close by.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My plant manager requires management to carry at all times, so no problem now.  At my previous job, they had a no firearms policy.  I just carried this NAA revolver instead of my main carry piece.  It sucks to have a pea shooter, but it's better than nothing.  

https://i.imgur.com/9BzVZmW.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/9BzVZmW.jpg
View Quote

What kind of "plant" do you work at that you're required to carry? A nuclear plant? @cubie
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What kind of "plant" do you work at that you're required to carry? A nuclear plant? @cubie
View Quote

I work in heavy industrial manufacturing, but it’s smack dab in the middle of the hood. We also employ work release prisoners and some of them don’t wanna go along with the program sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I used to work at a job site where they checked all baggage when entering the site and carried daily.  I carried in a belly band and the only way they were going to find out is if I was frisked and someone was going to grab at my dick and balls region.  I have gone into concerts where they pat down and metal detector.  When the detector goes off in that region I would say it was my belt buckle and titanium in my pelvic bone and when you bring up medical they cannot ask you details.  I had a G43 below the belt line in a belly band.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Concealed means concealed.   ITS
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I've carried nearly every day at my work for over 11 years (since I got my CPL).

I started carrying a 4" XD9 in a Smart Carry holster...but it was too uncomfortable after awhile having a heavy ass gun resting on your dick al day is tiresome.

Switched to a Kahr CM9 in a IWB holster...no one is the wiser.

I've mentioned I hunt and shooting a little bit but quite quiet at work for a reason.

I still laugh...we got a new employee handbook earlier this year that calls out not having firearms at work...took a Snap of it and sent it to my gf and then a snap of my Kahr on my hip under my desk...
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Substation Electrician checking in.
In the trades someone’s lunch box is kinda off limits. If I really thought I needed to carry at work I would stash it in a bag inside my lunch box. I’ve worked storm restoration with guys who packed.
Personally, I just leave mine in my personal vehicle. We’re not really the type of people who look like easy targets anyway.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#42]
My job was very pro-carry prior to being acquired by a larger company.

It was my job to re-write the employee handbook after the acquisition.  I was able to negotiate with management to allow carry in the parking lot, but not the building.  The backlash from employees was severe.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I may or may not have pocket carried a Seecamp 32 or an LCP for 30 years at my no carry job.  You can always get a new job.  I never really needed it but at least a half dozen times in those 30 years I would been very unhappy to be unarmed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#44]
The sad thing to this is that metal detectors are becoming more ubiquitous every day.  Many places that previously had no metal detectors now have them.   I'm sure they will continue to be in more and more widespread use as our society gets more woke all the time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#45]
I work at a nuclear power plant so no concealed weapons allowed. But I'm part of the armed security force so I get to carry the gun they issue me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:00:17 AM EDT
[#46]
I stop at Traffic Control and put my off duty in the locker provided. From then on in I am unarmed but for OC...but if I want a firearm, I can check out a Glock 19, Remington 870, or AR if need be. I also have several armed staff working for me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I work in a prison, I have never carried at work other than outside walls with issued firesrms
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top