Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 6:00:47 PM EDT
DUE TO CLOTHING ISSUES I AM FORCED TO DOWNSIZE FROM G-19. AM LOOKING AT SEECAMP .380. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS HG? ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS?
T I A
STEPHEN
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
DUE TO CLOTHING ISSUES I AM FORCED TO DOWNSIZE FROM G-19. AM LOOKING AT SEECAMP .380. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS HG? ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS?
T I A
STEPHEN

Look at a Kel-Tec P3AT, Mine is the best CCW gun I could hope for!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a G27 when I wear shorts and a t-shirt with a Galco ISWB no problem, just make sure the t-shirt is a little baggy and dark colors help.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Consider the baby Glocks before going any smaller--like MD-C said above it is concealable in light clothing. You didn't say what kind of wardrobe change you have to deal with, but as long as we're not talking speedo's you should be able to do a G. 26----if you are talking speedo's then a kel-tec 32 may be in order, and it may still print
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I second the Kel-tec PA3T (380) or a P32.  I use a P32 as an every day reguardless of the weather!  Either in a pocket holster or IWB.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#5]
does it have to be an auto? I have used an airweight model 37 during the summer months in a pocket holster or IWB holster very effectively. So light and unnoticeable while wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I also have a G26 that I use durring winter months in a pocket holster or OWB holster, also a good gun. The G26 will also fit in the pocket of my shorts durring the summer, but it is a bit thicker than the airweight.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]
get a Kahr,you won't be disapointed..
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my little Kahr PM9.  It's a little bigger than the Seecamp and Kel-tec, but it is 9mm.  The baby glocks are great too, but my G26 is a bunch thicker and longer when you're trying to hide it and I don't think it's worth the extra 4 rounds to raise the chance of making someone nervous.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for Kahr. I carry my PM9 everyday, everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Colt Mustang:

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Have you looked at Kel-Tec P11s?  It's very small and still in 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I carry a North American Arms Guardian in .380 as a back up for my EDC, which is a Para Ordnance C7-.45 LDA. I also carry it when the weather and my clothing don't allow me to carry the full size Para. The Guardian is similar to the Seecamp and a bit less expensive. I have two holsters that I use. The primary is a back pocket holster made by Pocket Holsters.com:

www.pocketholsters.com/

My other holster is a front pocket holster by K&D Holsters:

www.kdholsters.com/pd.shtml
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Short of being a lifeguard, theres no reason to not carry a handgun of fighting size.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Agreeing for the most part with lumpy, though i will say the sub-compact glocks are excellent choices.

You own a glock, you know how to shoot it, stick with the platform that works for you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally, I would have to add my endorsement for the Kahr PM9 or the .40 version of the same. I bought one for my wife and now I carry it everywhere. You can't wear much most of the time here in AZ so the the compact size and light weight are a blessing. The polymer/stainless combination is relatively sweat proof as well. I have fired over 1000 rnds through my PM9, with a large number of 147gr Remington Golden Sabre Hollowpoints and Speer Gold Dots without a misfire of any kind.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]
KEl-Tec P11:  Colt pocket 9 (similar to the Pony, above, only 9x19).  Any of the small autos is nice and flat.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for the Kahrs.  I carry a P9 everywhere everyday.  I can get a full grip on this gun and it hides well on the belt.  However its not a Glock and it needs to be cleaned often.  I carry on the belt without a shirt under my gun and sweat gets to it easy.  As i write this I have my P9 on my hip!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Short of being a lifeguard, theres no reason to not carry a handgun of fighting size.

True, but then there is the whole religious argument of what is fighting size.....

I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 when I just can't conceal anything else.
It's something at least.

You might be better served looking into a small revolver.   You can get more punch
in the same size package, although with fewer shots of course, but don't get
too hung up on an auto only.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Kahr PM9 for me.  I had a Glock Subcompact (and a SA XD), and just couldn't get them to conceal better than my Service or Full-size pistols.  So when it's to hot to wear the fullsize I like the single stack Kahr.  The second biggest reason I like the Kahr is because I can comfortably carry IWB or in the pocket.  Gives me two choices (depending on weather, clothing, etc), for the same weapon.  

I have owned a Kel-tec P3AT, and even though it was a very reliable weapon, I was not comfortable shooting it.  It beat the crap out of my hand, and made any follow up shots almost impossible (just my experience).  The Kahr is a little bulkier, but a lot more controlable for me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
T I A
STEPHEN

First of all, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

"DUE TO CLOTHING ISSUES",  stripper?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Another Kahr PM9 lover here.  

Once you discover Kahr all other small autos are dinosaurs or overpriced pimp jewelry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I second the Kel-tec PA3T (380) or a P32.  I use a P32 as an every day reguardless of the weather!  Either in a pocket holster or IWB.

+1 I use my P3AT when I can't carry my USPc.  So I go from a bigger gun to a smaller gun with no problem, just practice shooting and drawing.  My USPc I use a OWB and my Kel-tec I use the belt clip they sell for IWB.  You just need to get something you like to work with and then you can figure out your own style.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but then there is the whole religious argument of what is fighting size.....

I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 when I just can't conceal anything else.
It's something at least.

You might be better served looking into a small revolver.   You can get more punch
in the same size package, although with fewer shots of course, but don't get
too hung up on an auto only.

9mm generally has more punch than a 357 from a snubby.

I have a bersa too.  The glock 26 is, believe it or not, smaller in every dimension and carries 10 rounds of 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Stepen;

Look for the "Caps Lock" key.  Turn it off.

That being said, could you be more vague?  I'm sure it wouldn't help but I thought I would ask.

The SeeCamp .380 is a fine little (overpriced) gun and there are numerous alternatives to the Glock 19.

You will not lose point for verbosity.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Finding a Seacamp in 380 might be fun Last I heard he had a 2 year waiting list. I would go with Colt Mustang or a PPK/S(S&W) if want 380  or the Kahr in 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top