Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/1/2021 12:48:25 AM EDT
I don't know enough about how the Russian Vityaz is built vs the KUSA one or if cast parts matter in a 9mm AK?

All I know is I own one and love it.

This dude does not:

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't know enough about how the Russian Vityaz is built vs the KUSA one or if cast parts matter in a 9mm AK?

All I know is I own one and love it.

This dude does not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txOGvXpl694
View Quote

He has strong opinions.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If the video is true than I would agree.
3/4 mill receiver and cast trunion and barrel WTF
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the video is true than I would agree.
3/4 mill receiver and cast trunion and barrel WTF
View Quote

That's why I mentioned not knowing anything about how a real Russian made Vityaz is produced - does it have any cast parts?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
that guy is an idiot.....

Cast trunions are fine when they aren't used in a standard locked breech AK

I'm pretty quick to discount the opinion of people who start their videos with flaming skull graphics as well
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
that guy is an idiot.....

Cast trunions are fine when they aren't used in a standard locked breech AK

I'm pretty quick to discount the opinion of people who start their videos with flaming skull graphics as well
View Quote

Did I read somewhere that the Russian made Vityaz has a cast trunion?

That's what I wondered - does any of that actually matter in this specific design?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Show me all the assploded KP9s.   If its a hunk of junk, surely we are seeing wide spread reports of failures, no?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t know what the Vityaz specs are but a cast trunion and less than 1 mm receiver doesn’t sound right.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know what the Vityaz specs are but a cast trunion and less than 1 mm receiver doesn't sound right.
View Quote

According to this article, the real Russian Vityaz uses a cast trunnion as well:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/30/shot-2018-kr-9-9mm-vityaz-aks-shipping-soon-kalashnikov-usa/

"Like all Kalashnikov USA products, the KR-9 uses a forged bolt, but its trunnion - which is not pressure-bearing, and is just a structural element - is cast. This is consistent with the original Vityaz, as well."
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#9]
This guy is either trolling or a complete idiot. The rec. is 1mm stamped steel , just like the AKM and AK74. The "3/4 rec." is likely referring to the shortened length , as it's about 25% shorter than the standard AKM rec. There is no such thing as a cast barrel , complete BS.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#10]
He's chatting with someone on their website? That person probably works for a third party customer service company who have a piece of paper with a short list of things about the company to chat with people about. Probably has no clue what cast even means.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He's chatting with someone on their website? That person probably works for a third party customer service company who have a piece of paper with a short list of things about the company to chat with people about. Probably has no clue what cast even means.
View Quote

They have a fairly knowledgeable CS rep from my interactions.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
To be fair 90% of anything ak no matter who makes it is trash.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably the most ignorant statement I've ever heard in my life.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, maybe you should sit back and learn something.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

#yOuMuStBeAnEwBiEgUnOwNeR.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I don’t own one.  I’ve seen this sort of thing before.  

Either the gun is trying to be virtually 100% like the original, or they are just saving money and passing it off as “authentic.”  While you purists argue over what the original design called for.  Ignoring the rest of the gun.  

If it’s made today, why not replicate the look and make it better?  

I mean given the choice I’d what the absolute original, because it would be a collector piece.   If I’m buying a known knock off in a gun, I’d like it modern materials.

I offer the excellent Dead Air PBS-1 as an example.  Looks the part with dramatically improved internals.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
KUSA has ZERO affiliation with Kalashnikov Concern out of Russia other then they obtain the blue prints to clone it. Its one of those AK's you just cant import into the state so KUSA was able to make a clone of it here in the states. All of the parts are interchangeable with the exception of the barrel threads. They did a great job on it. Its the closest thing we will get to the real deal and its actually more reliable then the older Russian ones. The guy that made that video is a clueless jack ass and so was the guy that was messaging him in that video. Bill over at KUSA stated that they guy that he was texting was fired from KUSA for being lazy and unwilling to learn his job. If it was me I would have never hired him in the 1st place.  My KP-9 as well as 1000s of other have been running flawless and are insanely accurate.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL, that guy is the idiot that doesn't allow any comments on his videos.

Huge pussy, but hey...clicks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
KUSA has ZERO affiliation with Kalashnikov Concern out of Russia other then they obtain the blue prints to clone it. Its one of those AK's you just cant import into the state so KUSA was able to make a clone of it here in the states. All of the parts are interchangeable with the exception of the barrel threads. They did a great job on it. Its the closest thing we will get to the real deal and its actually more reliable then the older Russian ones. The guy that made that video is a clueless jack ass and so was the guy that was messaging him in that video. Bill over at KUSA stated that they guy that he was texting was fired from KUSA for being lazy and unwilling to learn his job. If it was me I would have never hired him in the 1st place.  My KP-9 as well as 1000s of other have been running flawless and are insanely accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/AI7Qks2.jpg
View Quote

Where did you get that lower handguard at (on your KP-9)?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Dude in the video is full of shit

KR-9 / KP-9's are bad ass and really well made, plus surprisingly accurate. I get 1.5 inch groups with good SD ammo at 50 yards

I did a review on it a while ago, accuracy testing near the bottom

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude in the video is full of shit

KR-9 / KP-9's are bad ass and really well made, plus surprisingly accurate. I get 1.5 inch groups with good SD ammo at 50 yards

I did a review on it a while ago, accuracy testing near the bottom

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20210304_194527-1856812.jpg
View Quote

Dude - that AK-12ish build...

Be still my beating heart...Damn that thing is hot.

What AR stock adapter is that?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's actually the AK-12 5.5mm factory folder along with the PG and mag. It's part of the AK74M modernization program since Russia isn't going to buy a ton of AK-12s but a lot of the features can be retrofited to existing 74s. I like it way more than I thought I was going to
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's actually the AK-12 5.5mm factory folder along with the PG and mag. It's part of the AK74M modernization program since Russia isn't going to buy a ton of AK-12s but a lot of the features can be retrofited to existing 74s. I like it way more than I thought I was going to
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's awesome. Love the way that magazine looks too - looks great on there.

I have an SLR-104FR I was contemplating AK-12'izng (as much as possible anyway).

I need to find an AR stock adapter that works with the 4.5mm pin on my SLR.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Is it blow back?   How does the impulse compare between an AR 9 (strict blow back) and the MP5.  

I just picked the most popular 9mm sub guns for comparison.  

Please and thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is it blow back?   How does the impulse compare between an AR 9 (strict blow back) and the MP5.  

I just picked the most popular 9mm sub guns for comparison.  

Please and thanks.
View Quote

Yes these are strait blow backs. Here is mine testing out an Mp-5 mag and a busted finger lol!

https://i.imgur.com/ks2pzb7.mp4

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes these are strait blow backs. Here is mine testing out an Mp-5 mag and a busted finger lol!

https://i.imgur.com/ks2pzb7.mp4

View Quote

Wow wow wow. You can run MP5 magazines in a KP9?? What modifications are needed?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Please let me know what you did to get the those mags to work. I imagine some light trimming and adding a rear locking tab of some sort? After watching your video I bought 4 of the AC Unity 40 rounders and would like to convert them to run in the KP9!
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I want a kp9 so bad.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top