Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2018 12:41:23 AM EDT
I got drunk and bought this off the EE Magal Stock

I found these two threads on Weaponeer and Uzitalk but they are short on "how done it" and even shorter on pictures

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?27069-Magal-build
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6877&PN=1&TPN=1

I pulled apart my M92 and stuffed it into the stock and I have a general idea of where I need to relieve it for the front trunion, however the receiver rivets concern me a little because it looks like they will spread the stock away from the receiver (and they are in an area that should not be relieved.)

Anyone else built one of these or am I on my own?

It will eventually end up with an SBA3 folder (not as an SBR)
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, I tried one of those stocks with a wsar3 several years ago. The place I ordered it from had a picture of an AK mounted in one and I thought it looked awesome. I was also on a Galil, micro Galil kick then.

I ended up just making a big mess out of it. I was never  able to get the whole stock mounted up right. I wanted to give up but I had already cut the trigger guard off the AK so I ended up chopping the stock apart and just using the pistol grip and intergal trigger guard. It was functional but it did not look very good. I ended up selling that rifle.

If I had it to do over again I would definitely do it with a pistol of some kind, something with a one piece gas block front sight. A mill would probably help too, I was using a dremmel lol!

James
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey, I tried one of those stocks with a wsar3 several years ago. The place I ordered it from had a picture of an AK mounted in one and I thought it looked awesome. I was also on a Galil, micro Galil kick then.

I ended up just making a big mess out of it. I was never  able to get the whole stock mounted up right. I wanted to give up but I had already cut the trigger guard off the AK so I ended up chopping the stock apart and just using the pistol grip and intergal trigger guard. It was functional but it did not look very good. I ended up selling that rifle.

If I had it to do over again I would definitely do it with a pistol of some kind, something with a one piece gas block front sight. A mill would probably help too, I was using a dremmel lol!

James
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up.

I knew I would have to cut the trigger guard off but that will probably be one of the last things I do. I will probably pick up an 80% receiver to use to fit the stock prior to cutting on my M92.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think a milled reciever would be the way to go, the rivets on the stamped receiver were a problem too. A micro Galil would probably be way easier l, but I would hate to do that to a micro.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top