Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2017 1:29:48 AM EDT
So my form 1 should be coming back any day now for my Draco and I wanted to put an underfolder on it. It has the correct trunion but I need the receiver machining work done.

Who do you guys recommend to do the work?

TIA
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has a. Underfolder trunnion already do it yourself. Have you found an underfolder stock yet? I am looking for one...
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't bought the stock yet but they are on GunBroker and I have seen them at some online dealers but forget which ones now.

Machining steel is outside my comfort zone. Hell, I have an 80% AR receiver and an easy jig and I still haven't attempted it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
there's used to be a kit out there you could buy that would align the UF cuts on the receiver for you. When I did my UF conversion (I did it on a SAIGA) I aligned the UF trunnion on the outside of the receiver and used it as a guide. I put the receiver with the UF trunnion on it on the drill press and drilled away.

I'd say this conversion is a 6 or 7 out of 10 on difficulty level, only because you have to make sure to really take your time and measure all the things, including bolt travel.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top