Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 7:26:04 PM EDT
Hey gang. I was thinking of modifying my safety such that there was a bolt hold open notch in the front of it that would coincide with the position the charging handle winds up in when a LRBHO yugo mag locks it open. This way, when the mag ran empty and the follower held the mag open I could flip the safety up, swap mags, drop the safety..releasing the bolt....and fire. Would this work? Would the spring have enough force to chamber the next round? If not, how about the idea of making the back side of the notch sloooowly ramp up such that it'd be possible to just pull the charging handle back and, in the process, that would move the safety downward to 'off'. Then you let go of the handle, chambering a round and you're ready to fire.

I know there isn't much meat left at the end of the safety where the bolt rests on the follower.....but the material could probably be reinforced there without to much difficulty. Doesn't have to hold 1000 pounds or anything, just the bolt 3" from the back of the chamber.

Cheapest way to try this would be to get a couple of M92 safety levers and start experimenting. Anyone have a stock one laying around? Maybe someone that upgraded to a Krebs? If so, I'd be willing to buy a few...
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top