AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2013 6:53:24 PM EDT
SAM7K      [youtube]http://[/youtube]http://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7K.html

Or

SLR 107UR  Pistol
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd get the SAM7K because I have a SAM7SF.  Might as well have the nearly identical pistol to my rifle.  I like the ambi-safety setup too.  But I'm not at all familiar with the SLR 107UR Pistol, I'm assuming it is stamped to the SAM's milled receiver?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
U need pics!

Prices are redic!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not aware of a 107UR pistol ever even existing. I really think that they were only ever sold as 16" barrel rifles with ready-to-modify short gas systems.
Also, I know that you can convert an AK pistol to an SBR, but I'm not sure that you can legally convert an AK rifle to an AK pistol. I could be wrong, but you may want to check with ATF.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
That is why I started this poll. Arsenal/Kvar have not and are not importing the 107UR in a Pistol config. They have been importing the SAM7 in pistol instead. I am testing my theory with this poll that the SLR 107UR Pistol would be a more desired Item to import.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not aware of a 107UR pistol ever even existing. I really think that they were only ever sold as 16" barrel rifles with ready-to-modify short gas systems.
Also, I know that you can convert an AK pistol to an SBR, but I'm not sure that you can legally convert an AK rifle to an AK pistol. I could be wrong, but you may want to check with ATF.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is why I started this poll. Arsenal/Kvar have not and are not importing the 107UR in a Pistol config. They have been importing the SAM7 in pistol instead. I am testing my theory with this poll that the SLR 107UR Pistol would be a more desired Item to import.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the SBR-ready 107UR was definately one of Arsenal's best offerings. Upon their release, I had initially bought two of them for $925, but decided to sell one. Watching them double in value a few years later was hard to stomache. I'm still holding my breath that Arsenal will import the SBR conversion parts for my SAM7K Pistol. That would complete my Krink collection.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
With the discontinuation of the 106 line. You need to get a SLR 106UR pistols for SBR or Investment. These will demand a High Premium a few years after as well. They are truly awesome Krinks. I tried to explain to my Wife that I "NEEDED" to get the SLR 107UR years ago and she went all #@$&^%!      Well you know. Then I found a SLR 106UR and just bought it. This was at the time when the SLR 107UR were all gone. and the SLR 106UR's were drying up the fist time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With the discontinuation of the 106 line. You need to get a SLR 106UR pistols for SBR or Investment. These will demand a High Premium a few years after as well. They are truly awesome Krinks. I tried to explain to my Wife that I "NEEDED" to get the SLR 107UR years ago and she went all #@$&^%!      Well you know. Then I found a SLR 106UR and just bought it. This was at the time when the SLR 107UR were all gone. and the SLR 106UR's were drying up the fist time.
View Quote

I agree that discontinuance of the 106UR pistol will make it go up in value, but I doubt it will increase in value as much as the 107UR rifle did.....$900 to $1800
Krinks chambered in 7.62 and 5.45 will always be in much higher demand than Krinks chambered in 5.56mm. This is, of course, due to most buyers wanting their AK's in traditional commie chamberings, as well as the AR-15 SBR market.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
probably an SLR-107ur pistol if they made them (and as long as we're dreaming, I'd love a .308 Krink pistol )

The SAM-7k's safety, being reversed of what it should be, just peeves me.
How hard of a mod of it is it make it push forward to fire? Don't some Galil-guys do that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed. Their is a lot to be said for AK's in "TRUE COMMY CAL. especially the 30 Cal AK's. For me especially 30 cal  in the SBR/Pistol for effectiveness. I know the 5.45 is a good round. I just prefer the 30 in a short bbl when compared to either 5.45 or 5.56.  I just do not see 5.45 as a more effective round than 5.56. in any bbl length. Just select the right projectile for the right bbl. More than enough to choose from in 223.  Years ago, I was  balked at buy Gun show dealers when asking if they had any 223 AK's. I got the No. why would anyone want an AK in 223? One dealer actually said "No THANK GOD!" As if he was just so relieved to not have a AK in 223 for sale. As , I as a customer was looking to buy one in front of him with cash in hand. I did finally did find and buy a Norinco in 223. It was 100% reliable. The only reason Communist block countries did not adopt the 223 and went for the 5.45 was to keep the X39 thing as to signify ours and yours are different. However they did adopt a significantly similar caliber to the NATO 5.56. when the 30's were working just fine. Once again. I see no issues with the Soviet 5.45. I just see the 5.56 as the most likely to prevail in availability in the future. Did you see the US developing 5.45 fire arms as Russia developed AK's in 5.56? Just about every major country has produced a weapon in 5.56 at one point or another.  

Quoted:

I agree that discontinuance of the 106UR pistol will make it go up in value, but I doubt it will increase in value as much as the 107UR rifle did.....$900 to $1800
Krinks chambered in 7.62 and 5.45 will always be in much higher demand than Krinks chambered in 5.56mm. This is, of course, due to most buyers wanting their AK's in traditional commie chamberings, as well as the AR-15 SBR market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The SAM-7k's safety, being reversed of what it should be, just peeves me.
How hard of a mod of it is it make it push forward to fire? Don't some Galil-guys do that?
View Quote

As a lefty, it is perfect the way it is, making it easy to switch to fire with my trigger finger. So no, don't go changing it Arsenal!  

From a technical perspective though, it would be much more complicated to make it "push forward" to fire. Right now it is a directly linked to the safety, which is very simple and strong. To make it opposite, you'd need a cam or an extra linkage or two. I'm sure it can be done, just not as easily.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Agreed. Their is a lot to be said for AK's in "TRUE COMMY CAL. especially the 30 Cal AK's. For me especially 30 cal  in the SBR/Pistol for effectiveness. I know the 5.45 is a good round. I just prefer the 30 in a short bbl when compared to either 5.45 or 5.56.  I just do not see 5.45 as a more effective round than 5.56. in any bbl length. Just select the right projectile for the right bbl. More than enough to choose from in 223.  Years ago, I was  balked at buy Gun show dealers when asking if they had any 223 AK's. I got the No. why would anyone want an AK in 223? One dealer actually said "No THANK GOD!" As if he was just so relieved to not have a AK in 223 for sale. As , I as a customer was looking to buy one in front of him with cash in hand. I did finally did find and buy a Norinco in 223. It was 100% reliable. The only reason Communist block countries did not adopt the 223 and went for the 5.45 was to keep the X39 thing as to signify ours and yours are different. However they did adopt a significantly similar caliber to the NATO 5.56. when the 30's were working just fine. Once again. I see no issues with the Soviet 5.45. I just see the 5.56 as the most likely to prevail in availability in the future. Did you see the US developing 5.45 fire arms as Russia developed AK's in 5.56? Just about every major country has produced a weapon in 5.56 at one point or another.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you. Considing what I currently own, the only 5.56mm AK that I would buy is the mid size 106CRm, as it has my preferred barrel length, and I would like to run it with a suppressor. But if I could definately understand someone buying a 106UR pistol or SBR, especially if they already had a full size Arsenal 106FR. That would allow give the owner a great deal of versatility in terms of application and magazine compatibility. I rememeber seeing a You Tube video stressing this same point a while back.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top