Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2011 4:36:48 AM EDT
I have seen a few pictures of other member and their mini Draco's sporting the TWS Dog Leg rail, and I am deliberating on putting one of these on my new mini Draco. My question to the ones who have done this mod:
1. Was it an easy fit,or did it involve any hacking or permanent alterations?
2. Does the peep site line up with the front sight?
3.now that you have done it, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Awe, Come-on. 209 views and no responses?!

I know there are some of you with the TWS Dog Leg Rails on your Mini Draco's. I've seen your pictures.

Please give me a little guidance.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to help you out, but my Draco is a full size one. I can tell you on mine it was a simple install. I don't see why it'd be any different for a mini. Just follow the instructions & you'll be fine. The hardest part was forcing the front pivot down against the leaf spring to install the pivot pin, but you can take out some of the arch out of the spring to make it easier, if need be. Good luck
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Bushwack. I really appreciate your input.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey doodi I was surfing around and came upon a thread detailing the TWS DL install on a mini. It seems you have to remove the U-shaped clip that comes on the takedown button included with the dogleg. It interferes with the plastic buffer. OP said it fuctioned fine. I don't know though because the way TWS describes it that button design serves to prevent movement of the dust cover itself.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey doodi I was surfing around and came upon a thread detailing the TWS DL install on a mini. It seems you have to remove the U-shaped clip that comes on the takedown button included with the dogleg. It interferes with the plastic buffer. OP said it fuctioned fine. I don't know though because the way TWS describes it that button design serves to prevent movement of the dust cover itself.

Magnus, thanks for the heads-up on the clip. I think that clip only came on the first DL rails. I have one of the first Edition ones one my Saiga 308. The newest ones do not have that clip.

I think, or I might be wrong?

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine does not have that clip.  It went on easy and works great.  I didnt use the peep that they offer I took an HK sight and milled off a bit of the rear to make it fit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I e-mailed TWS and asked if the dog leg would fit on a mini.. They said yes.. I ordered one.. I'll let ya know...
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks awesome......................
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Awesome looking Mini!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine went on in about 20 minutes with absolutely NO modifications needed.

MadDog
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine was in the mail box today. Fits perfect. Very nice piece. LOVE  IT..

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top