BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
Bipod looks completely new

Brake has little finish left on it

Top cover is looking pretty rough.  Most of the finish gone, numerous small nicks and surface scratches, nothing deep.

At first I was horrified by the gas block, until I realized it was cast.  That's not pitting, it's just a rough cast part.  Finish only remaining in the low spots.

Finish remaining under the handguards and in the flutes, worn off the high spots.

Noticeable scratch in the upper handguard (not pictured).  Lower handguard not as pretty as some I've seen pics of.  Minor scratching.

Buttstock is missing a substantial part of it's paint.

Triggerguard has most of it's paint.  Only place missing paint is where the mags rub the release.

I got two plastic mags with it, both look very good but are used.  One number "1" and the other "2".  Look to have different makers marks?

Overall impression: lots of paint missing, but the metal condition is pretty good.  Once I repaint it with BBQ paint or some such, I think it'll look great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
What happened to your hand gaurd retainer lever?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Tantals don't have them.  They are a little different.  Instead, the front handguard retainer holds both upper and lower hgs on.  The upper handguard has an extension that goes into the trunnion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What happened to your hand gaurd retainer lever?

Are you referring to the screw head on the retainer? Can't remember where I read it - it was a link somewhere on this site, but there are two types depending on when the gun was made. One has the screw head, the other has a thumb lever. I have bought two kits - and got one of each.

Tint
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What grade was the set and did the numbers all match?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
It appears they aren't putting a grade number on it.
It's this one.
All numbers match.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are interested in condition-graded Tantals, may I suggest another source:

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=286494

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#7]
thats alot better then one i got from MGS
brake was stuck on rusted on i think
gas tube full on rust
broken handgaurd
no finish (not bad but the others were)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you are interested in condition-graded Tantals, may I suggest another source:

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=286494

I'll vouch for GreenTimbers stuff.  Just received two sweet metal Tantal mags from him.  Better than expected.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump because someone was asking about MGS kits.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top