Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2009 1:37:17 PM EDT
Thinking of putting a fixed butt stock on my Tantal.  Is there an orange butt stock out there that matches the lower hand guard?

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be great if there is but I've never seen one, maybe someone else has.  Not too crazy about the folding stock myself.  Some folks have
gone with black hand guards because they can get black butt stocks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I changed mine out for a K-Var US made plum stock set and left the polish upper handguard. Everything matches fairly well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Not a big fan of plum stocks.  Guess I'm the only one.  Still looking ..........
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually considering switching the stock out to Plum as well. Am I  correct in understanding that the Polish Tantal upper handguard is different than standard AK HGs?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
ya, it is
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Ironwood Designs has a nice full wood set for the Tantal also. The other alternative is to get the black poly set and dye the upper black to match.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Closest thing I have found is the E. German Brown pebble synthetic stocks.

You can use the E. German Bakelight lower guard (brown) and it matches the brown of the Polish upper handguard rather well.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top