Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to buy some wood furniture, but I don't know what will fit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a home bent flat. The fact that it has the trunnions welded to the receiver I wouldn't dump too much into it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a home bent flat. The fact that it has the trunnions welded to the receiver I wouldn't dump too much into it.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. I know next to nothing about Aks. Do you think maybe I should look for a different receiver. And if so how do I know which one to get?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. I know next to nothing about Aks. Do you think maybe I should look for a different receiver. And if so how do I know which one to get?
View Quote

Front trunnion, bolt carrier, and selector lever are Bulgarian AK-74. Is the rifle in 5.45x39mm? Can you post more pictures? The problem with a weld build is transferring it to a new receiver that uses proper rivets might be a big challenge depending on what Bubba did to the parts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
I was just getting ready to take some more pics. Can you tell me more precisely what you would like more pictures of. And yes it is a 545x39.
I think bubba was actually Krinks in Naples Florida. And yes I did find something on the internet about the un heat treated receivers. I think that grinder mark was 762 by 39Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was just getting ready to take some more pics. Can you tell me more precisely what you would like more pictures of. And yes it is a 545x39.
I think bubba was actually Krinks in Naples Florida. And yes I did find something on the internet about the un heat treated receivers. I think that grinder mark was 762 by 39https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200198/PXL_20220415_014603502_MP_jpg-2349427.JPG

View Quote

Paul Mahoney of Krinks had the 1st AKS-74U semi build I ever saw..... at a Tampa gun show in the 90's.

I owned one of his AMD builds and it was 100% good to go. He also sold stripped receivers ....I'm guessing thats what was used to build the welded/not riveted gun pictured.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top