Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 7:33:20 AM EDT
I have a NIB Galil ARM in .223 that was imported by Action Arms.  I have the all of the original stuff that came with it; cleaning kit, manual and 2 50 rd mags and 4 35 round mags.  Anyone have an idea of its value?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you decide to sell it, IM me as I would be interested.  I could also trade you for ARs if you are looking for any.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
ask 2500.0
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]
$2500 or even a little more.

There are a few on some of the gun boards for sale in the $3K plus range that have been for sale for MONTHS! with no takers.  Just priced out of the "worth" range IMO.

Depends on the model number and if its a "S" (sporter) model. A Sporter will be worth less than a non-"S" marked gun.

If you want to sell also please contact me.

[email protected]

Lets see some Pics !      
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
 At least $3000.00 depending on condition and orig. items that come with it. If it's a 392 [16 inch barrel and rare] I would ask more than $3300.00 If it is a 372 model,[18 inh barrel] $3000.00 is the going rate. If you dont get those prices I would sit on it. Prices on this rifle will only go up! No more made or to be imported into this country. For God's sake don't trade it for 10 AR'15's unless its one of Gene Stoners personal rifles.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 At least $3000.00 depending on condition and orig. items that come with it. If it's a 392 [16 inch barrel and rare] I would ask more than $3300.00 If it is a 372 model,[18 inh barrel] $3000.00 is the going rate. If you dont get those prices I would sit on it. Prices on this rifle will only go up! No more made or to be imported into this country. For God's sake don't trade it for 10 AR'15's unless its one of Gene Stoners personal rifles.

You must have one on Gunbroker for sale  

10 AR's @ $600per min. = $6000! That sounds like a fair trade to me , of course I did not go to public school or sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a wide gap between ask prices on these Galils and actual selling prices.  They are not particularly in demand right now and sell slowly.

Check out the auction sites for a little better idea on what they actually sell for.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a ARM with a 16 inch barrel, folding stock and wooden forearm and is equiped with a bipod.  It does not have a bayonet  lug and has the Galil flash supressor.  It is a model 392S imported by action arms.  The serial number is in the 2098XXX range.  From what I can find out this is a rather rare item in this configuration imported by Action Arms.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Rare or not, "S" models generally bring less than other rifles. Purists tend to favor the pre-ban imports, but the "S" models are perfectly good shooters and all IMI made.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have to agree that they are not moving for the asking prices. Does that mean they are not worth it or just not selling? You may find that you cannot get what it is worth. If you put her up for sale send me an email, I might not be able to afford it but we will see.... They are one of my all time most wanted along with an Aug and valmet 62. I vote keep her and enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Para  , You must be trying to BUY one on gunbroker or elswere !  I don't have a factory IMI Galil for sale and won't ! I could never sell the two I have. Check out "GUNSAMERICA" 1 or 2 move at those "High" prices a week! I think Gunbroker and other auction sites suck and would not waste my time posting or buying. If I want it I will buy it. No more IMI Galils to make it to this great country ever again. Even the kit guns are drying up!After the left wing bastards come up with a new domestic crime bill pre 89 imports will command class three prices! I have been watching this market for 20 years and mark my words.     Jerod
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Para  , You must be trying to BUY one on gunbroker or elswere !  I don't have a factory IMI Galil for sale and won't ! I could never sell the two I have. Check out "GUNSAMERICA" 1 or 2 move at those "High" prices a week! I think Gunbroker and other auction sites suck and would not waste my time posting or buying. If I want it I will buy it. No more IMI Galils to make it to this great country ever again. Even the kit guns are drying up!After the left wing bastards come up with a new domestic crime bill pre 89 imports will command class three prices! I have been watching this market for 20 years and mark my words.     Jerod

My Friend ,
I totally agree that pre 89 rifles will only keep going up and like you I have been playing in this market for the last 20plus years.
I check out ALL the major gin sites eveyday including GunsAmerica.com , but I do not recall the number of these rifles moving at the rate you quoted in the price range you quote. What I do recall is the same overpriced items just hanging around forever and those that are priced in the real range moving.
I do agree that anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and based on my past dealing (dozens of pre 89's bought and sold) I just think that you were quoting on the high side.
Having now found out that this rifle is a "S" model I know of no one that would go 3K for this rifle. Its a great shooter , but not a top end investment piece.
Take care , Para069
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
 Para, Yes sir, The model "S"  does not have the value of the pre-89. On Gunsamerica, I have seen pre-89's  come and go at those prices in less than 1 day! The ones that ask $3995 for a 392 [NON-S] will never sell them at that price. You can find a deal once in a while when someone needs to move one but because a person finds a"Lucky desperate one time deal" that does not set the market price for everyone else. People need to find that out for themselves and they will if they are serious.

Good luck to you para and take care !  Jerod
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#14]
The market spoke.  A NIB Model 386 in .223 (non-S model) went for under 2400 on auctionarms.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Crap ,Id give that for a nib arm...
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top