Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 9:54:52 PM EDT
Are you guys having any luck with the ATI pistols?

Against my better judgment I bough one last week.  It look really nice all parts seem to fit super nice.   I have seen some good reviews so, why not.

After 2 range trips and about 220 rounds headspace is too excessive, closes on field gage.   The pistol stared to fail to extract after 180 rounds.  It would fail to extract every 5 rounds or so.  After inspection, headspace was too big.  I took the bolt out of IMI Ace and HS check out good.  Ran about 40 rounds,  no issues.  The right hand side receiver lug is showing excessive deformation.   Needless to say pistol is on the way back to ATI for warranty work.

Now, i have filed Form 1 (SBR) last Tuesday a week ago, a day before HS issue.  The Form 1 came back today exactly in 7 days.  New record.

So, I hope that the pistol. comes back fixed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Worst case you can always headspace a new bolt to it. It’s not that hard to do.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree.  But if the receiver is too soft it will just keep on getting worse.  

I have built Galil AR on Ohio Rapid Fire receiver.  End up going though 2 bolts before HS finally settled.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It is supposed to back tomorrow.  We will see.  Unfortunately ammo is bit expensive to run bunch of rounds through it.

My advice would be to stay clear of ATI guns.  If hadn’t already SBRed this , it would for sale.

I would equate ATI to Century.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree.  But if the receiver is too soft it will just keep on getting worse.  

I have built Galil AR on Ohio Rapid Fire receiver.  End up going through 2 bolts before HS finally settled.

View Quote

Same here.  I didn't think of this option.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Well the gun arrived Thursday.  Again, looks very good.  The headspace is little on the loose side but still fine.   I end up using my spare bolt.  It headspases little tighter.  I ran 30 rounds through it, no issues of any kind.  It is accurate.

I hope that it will maintain the headspace.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well the gun arrived Thursday.  Again, looks very good.  The headspace is little on the loose side but still fine.   I end up using my spare bolt.  It headspases little tighter.  I ran 30 rounds through it, no issues of any kind.  It is accurate.

I hope that it will maintain the headspace.
View Quote

That's good to hear.  Should be a fun toy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope that it will maintain the headspace.  Other than that gun looks really good.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#9]
How is the rear magwell lockup?  Any play?  on mine mags will move up and down in the rear when locked in.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
There is little play but not much.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#11]
@unrock

Got any pics of your bolt(s) and reciever? Just wondering what you're looking at/noticing.

What seems weird about mine, is only about half of where the lug touches on the right one shows wear.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top