Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/1/2022 1:48:00 PM EDT
Anyone running these yet? Was dead set on picking up a PSAK-105 but I'm more of a Galil person. Any feedback is much appreciated 3

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920425627
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about it, but looks cool.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know anything about it, but looks cool.
View Quote

My thought exactly, would go great with my ARM clone
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I want one of these so bad I can taste it.

I wonder if they have adjusted the mag well to correctly accept surplus mags
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running milsurp Galil mags in a SAR built on an ATI receiver and barrel I bought earlier this year. All my mags are fine. One or two are a slight bit tight but no extra effort to get in or out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of these. It doesn't like steel case at all but it eats brass like no tomorrow. Surplus mags lock right in and work as they should as well.

Installing night sights are a pain for the rear spring because it is very strong to compress. Haven't tried any kind of accuracy tests with it however.

I switched out the funky blade brace for a SB tactical folding adapter and SBA3. If anyone knows of a Galil style brace that fits original round receivers, please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one a few months ago also; takes surplus mags fine.

I did have a case head separation recently, haven't had a chance to check headspace yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one of these. It doesn't like steel case at all but it eats brass like no tomorrow. Surplus mags lock right in and work as they should as well.

Installing night sights are a pain for the rear spring because it is very strong to compress. Haven't tried any kind of accuracy tests with it however.

I switched out the funky blade brace for a SB tactical folding adapter and SBA3. If anyone knows of a Galil style brace that fits original round receivers, please let me know.
View Quote

Can you use the AR-15-style brace attachment on the Galeo pistol with the KNS AR adapters and the SB TF1913 brace? It looks more like an AK folder, but is Galil-ish.  If that's a word.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can you use the AR-15-style brace attachment on the Galeo pistol with the KNS AR adapters and the SB TF1913 brace? It looks more like an AK folder, but is Galil-ish.  If that's a word.
View Quote

If you can get a 1913 rail on the rear of your Galeo you'd be closer to the original using the CNC Warrior brace.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you can get a 1913 rail on the rear of your Galeo you'd be closer to the original using the CNC Warrior brace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, Good call. Isle manufacturing make an adapter for the original galil round receiver hole to 1913. Then I could use CNC Warriors brace. That would work nicely and look more correct without having to deal with a Form 1. Thanks guys

Link to Galil to 1913 adapter
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a kit to build one then I noticed these popped up again.  For the price its an ok deal if its not all messed up.   I received mine today and it was made 12-23-21 so its a real fresh build.   The finish is nice and consistent, I don't see any filed lug fuckery going on with the bolt.  I have regular galil mags here that fit perfect and I will hopefully have a range report soon as far as it feeding from them.  

Shortcomings:  The front handguard recess in the barrel is cut short so the lever will not lock fully into place.  I have the tools to fix this.   The next thing is the bolt handle knob is a bit messed up.  Its pretty common on Galil kits so I cannot detract much for it.  

If this thing runs I will move forward with SBR'ing it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Shortcomings:  The front handguard recess in the barrel is cut short so the lever will not lock fully into place.  I have the tools to fix this.   The next thing is the bolt handle knob is a bit messed up.  Its pretty common on Galil kits so I cannot detract much for it.  
View Quote

Mine was the same as yours; fixed the handguard lever, and bought Apex's charging handle knob to replace the bent one some day.  Mine also had a really loose front sight (the dovetails were loose).  It took me a while to find a replacement on Gunbroker, but I did, and it's perfect now.  Mine had a ruptured case during test fire, finally got a ruptured case extractor and got it out.  Fired a few rounds since, but I need to shoot it a little more before SBRing.

I really wanted to love it, but it's just a big fat AK.  I need to shoot it more, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Took it to the range and ran 100 rounds through it while testing my 33k.  The brace is hot garbage,  I understand the draw for people but past function test prior to SBR I wouldn’t want to be bugged out with one.  

Noticed-
Flash hider unscrewed.  Mine really has nothing holding it on.  I plan on changing out for a Keymo so it’s not a huge deal for me
Front sight loosened up.  
No issues running, this thing fed 100% from metal mags.
Trigger and reset isn’t that bad on this one.  Not match but not bad.  
Pistol grip screw loosened up also
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Took it to the range and ran 100 rounds through it while testing my 33k.  The brace is hot garbage,  I understand the draw for people but past function test prior to SBR I wouldn’t want to be bugged out with one.  

Noticed-
Flash hider unscrewed.  Mine really has nothing holding it on.  I plan on changing out for a Keymo so it’s not a huge deal for me
Front sight loosened up.  
View Quote

Glad to hear it functions, mine is sitting in my safe after picking it up last week. Waiting for a warmer day (at least 30° anyway) Ditched that brace post haste for an SBA3.

Bonesteel apparently modeled their brace after a galil knuckle, so I’m planning on ditching the AR brace and going for a more correct look as soon as I can function test.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Glad to hear it functions, mine is sitting in my safe after picking it up last week. Waiting for a warmer day (at least 30° anyway) Ditched that brace post haste for an SBA3.

Bonesteel apparently modeled their brace after a galil knuckle, so I’m planning on ditching the AR brace and going for a more correct look as soon as I can function test.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noticed-
Front sight loosened up.  

From the past reviews I may roll 300-500 rounds on it before filing the stamp.  One thing I noticed in a lot of the reviews is that most people don't have a clue on how to build one so some things scare them.   I figured it was worth a roll to see if I could save myself the build time because my kit/barrel/receiver is worth what I paid for this little machine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I am at 400 rounds on this rifle as of today.   I noticed 2 things when I took it down to get a gander at the underskirt of her.  

Lug deformation-  starting to get some deformation of one of the receiver lugs.   I think thats what you would call it.  Real shiny on the turning corner.  

Hammer deformation-  The face of the hammer is starting to show some deformation I think.  

The more I shoot this weapon the more I like it.   I am on the fence of SBR'ing this one or sending my kit/torttort to the hillbilly and have him roll one up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone noticed steel surplus mags not locking tightly?  Rear of mags can move up and down when locked in.  Anyone had issues with like new steel mags?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for keeping this thread updated; I have been curious to see what others would do with their kits.

Strangely, half the photos seem to work, and half don't.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top