Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2018 12:51:07 AM EDT
I have a trijicon mro red dot sight. I would like to find a base mount that is hollowed out so i will be able to use the iron sights of the rifle. Does anybody run a optic on their galil ace like this? If so what are my options?

Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get a lower 1/3 cowitness with a Aimpoint Micro and low mount. I would think that you could do the same with the MRO.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 3:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can get a lower 1/3 cowitness with a Aimpoint Micro and low mount. I would think that you could do the same with the MRO. http://oi847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/samuraijesse/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161003_130010_zpsjxxjx7xe.jpg
View Quote
I see what are saying. What I meant was to have the red dot be free of view of the iron sights and if I need to use irons I can look thru the bottom of the mount thats been machined out. Im using a original galil stock and have a cheek riser for it. I hate the ace stock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I went with a low mount for lower 1/3 cowitness on the ACE. Why complicate things with more height over bore offset than is absolutely necessary?

AJ
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Photos!   I have a MRO that will be mounted to my ace next week.  I just need a mount!
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went with a low mount for lower 1/3 cowitness on the ACE. Why complicate things with more height over bore offset than is absolutely necessary?

AJ
View Quote
@AubrayJ

So does the MRO with factory low mount cowitness with the ACE? I've been trying to figure this out for months but nobody has replied with a solid answer.

I want an MRO and I want it to cowitness with the factory IWI sights, and am hoping that the standard Trijicon low mount will allow this

Thoughts? Pic?

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
ACE is back at IWI getting FTEj problem sorted out, I didn’t take pics. From memory the MRO on a Bobro mount with no riser did not allow co-witness with the irons. Aimpoint Micro on a couple of different mounts does.

Pic of the ACE with a Trijicon TA44 in a low mount here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/IWI-Galil-ACE-556-failure-to-eject/92-164727/

AJ
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

AJ
View Quote
Im just used to my psl. With the romanian LPS scope you can use the scope, then if you look below the scope you can use the iron sights on your PSL.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top