Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 3:15:23 PM EDT
In a word?  DON'T...

After putting BufferTechs on close to 27 AKs with zero problems, the Fixed Yugo is FINALLY the design that positively, absolutely short strokes when one of these is installed.  I'm guessing it's that dead-flat rear trunion & it's depth relationship to the (excellent) DCI receiver.  

In this case, the effect was doubling & tripling with TWO double hook G2's (yup, I tried two sets).   The short stroke resulted in the hammer NOT being forced back to the safety disconnector, as the ramp on the bolt almost never engauged (the Buffer was "eating" a good 1/2" of carrier travel).
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Blackjack buffers work in mine. I hear they are thinner.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
k98k792 - you're reading my mind :)  I believe that one of these will allow the use of a buffer while avoiding short strokes due to the "consumption" of a good 3/4" of  bolt carrier travel.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top