Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 4:52:55 PM EDT
Going to get an M92, eventually I will file to make it an SBR but in the meantime I want to make sure I have this right.

If I was to drill (2) holes into the rear of the pistol receiver, install an ACE pignose adapter, a buffer tube, and the shockwave brace this is perfectly fine until I file for an SBR and change out the stock?

If I have the welded muzzle nut or whatever it is removed, and put a brake on in addition to the above, is that ok as well?

Plan on putting the M92 on layaway from Atlantic in a few hours.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Why waste the money and effort on a fag brace when you can't legally shoulder it? Just waiting the stamp.

Brake install is fine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
So long as you have a legal purpose for installing it (such as shooting with an arm brace in the manner it was designed to be used), there should be no issues with the buffer tube.  It is not a stock unless you make it one.

ETA: Note that the ACE adapter will have to be ground down to mate to the back of the receiver.  I think Stormwerkz makes a similar adapter with a smooth face.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why waste the money and effort on a fag brace when you can't legally shoulder it? Just waiting the stamp.

Brake install is fine.
View Quote

Crossing state lines or living in a state where SBR stamps are currently in legal limbo (i.e. WA)
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So long as you have a legal purpose for installing it (such as shooting with an arm brace in the manner it was designed to be used), there should be no issues with the buffer tube.  It is not a stock unless you make it one.

ETA: Note that the ACE adapter will have to be ground down to mate to the back of the receiver.  I think Stormwerkz makes a similar adapter with a smooth face.
View Quote

You can purchase an Ace pig nose adapter without the boss...
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Crossing state lines or living in a state where SBR stamps are currently in legal limbo (i.e. WA)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brake install is fine.

Yep, that's why I'm going the brace route, fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brake install is fine.

That and certain states have certain laws against long guns/rifles being loaded in vehicles but pistols can be.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top