Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:04:04 AM EDT
A buddy of mine just bought a Century M70B1 and it was way off target.  Even after moving the front post all the way up and over as far as it would go, it was still shooting 18" high and right at 25 yds.  I'd read about watching out for "canted front sights" on some of these guns, but this one's front sight looks like it's straight.  It's definitely not obivous.  Could this be a bent barrel (supposedly a new US-made barrel)  

I felt bad because my friend bought it based on my recommendation since the one I'd bought shot really great right out of the box without any sight adjustments.  He brought it back to the dealer and they were going to either fix it or swap it with another one, but how do you fix something this far off? If the barrel is grooved for the front sight pin, won't the previous groove be a problem?  I’m just wondering if he should demand a swap.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Look also for the rear sight block to be canted,mine was a pain to get on target.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
See if dealer will swap it or, contact century and return it.  Looks like it will need to be worked on either way. Yugos typically have a better rep  compared to the romanian.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your rear sight leaf.
Mine was bent and after replacing with a new one all is good.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top