Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2013 2:24:48 PM EDT
Picked up a Chinese sks from a buddy of mine but it is currently missing the bayonet and the fixed mag. I don't mind the bayonet missing but would like to locate the proper mag for the gun. Any ideas on the best place to look?

Pic of markings if they are of any significance

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
i know that

everythingsks.com

has them, but you may want to try the "eqiopment exchange" here on the forum.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Try buymilsurp.com (not affiliated) they should have the mag and bayonet you need.  Nice 36 arsenal btw, I have one marked /636\, same arsenal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
36 arsenal eh? Any other info you know about them? I have a Yugo sks but don't realy know anything about the other kinds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
36 arsenal eh? Any other info you know about them? I have a Yugo sks but don't realy know anything about the other kinds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Some quick info I found on the AKfiles forum
Factory #36 is located near the city of Longyan, in the mountains north of Xiamen. It compromises over twenty acres, and includes 30 buildings. The factory director claimed that Factory #36 sent over 250,000 SKS carbines to the united states, in 1993-94. The facility closed in 2002. Its code was #36, within a triangle.

The facility sustained major damage from an earthquake about 15yrs ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's an arsenal code 316, not 36.
View Quote

I see it now, I was looking at it on my phone yesterday and couldn't see the 1.  In that case, Arsenal 316 was located near Shanghai in the town of Yurhe.  It was in service from '65-'95 when it was dismantled and moved to Wukang in the mountains.  Its a nice piece and looks clean.  Most Chinese SKS models found are /26\ or subsidiary contractors, but others like yours are not super uncommon.  As stated before I have a /636\ which is a subsidiary of Arsenal /36\.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Try Liberty Tree Collectors. I just got one from them about a week ago. Price was right and they shipped in a couple days. I would definitely buy from them again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info and suggestions. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Roberts RTG has them for $19.95, hard to beat that, and the he is GTG, bought from him many times.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top