Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:38:36 AM EDT
I`ve fallen in love with the Krinkov lol
I`ve only owned 7.63x39 Kalishnikovs so I`m wondering if there`s a difference in the 5.45 round.
I`d imagine there would be less recoil/noise with the 5.45 in such a short pistol... but would the diference be significant? I`d maily be using it for some plinkin..
Also there are no drums for the 5.45 correct?
thanx
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not know of any drums for the 5.45. The noise level on the shorter barrel is considerable compared to the longer barrel, I am not sure about the short 7.62 vs the 5.45. The recoil on the 5.45 seemed like a 22, its so controllable to me. The question of caliber was easy in my mind. The bulgarian krink was really built as a 5.45 gun, I could not see building one in 7.62 or 5.56. they just dont seem natural. On the other hand many people just love the other calibers, so its a matter of building what you think you want.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]
When I was looking to buy, I had my heart set on a 7.62 Krink.  The thought of that .30 cal. bullet come flying out of that 8" barrell made my palms sweat.  I called Troy at Inrange and he recommended the 5.45.  Thats what I ended up getting and to be honest, I like it alot.  Really easy shooting and low recoil.   Like Prophet said, buy what you want.....if you don't like it, sell it to me for a discounted price
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
im pretty sure that ive seen at least one 5.45 drum on gunbroker, but i'm afraid i dont have any links or pictures to back that up. i do know for a fact that ive seen one in 5.56, but since they did make RPK's in 5.45 then it only seems reasonable that there would be drums as well. only real question is if you can find one
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
im pretty sure that ive seen at least one 5.45 drum on gunbroker

There was one on GB a couple years ago, and IIRC,  it sold for $3500.00.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with 5.45 because it has better accuracy and a flatter trajectory at range than 7.62
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I~m thinking 5.45 for such a short barrel also..
$3500 for a drum, sweet so at least I know I can pick up a few cheap then...
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top