Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2010 11:44:07 AM EDT
Man, saw this ad like at 4am this morning, at work, and thought when I got up this afternoon I would order one.  Nope, they were grabbed up quick

Buttstock
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I was thinking about one of those, too! Oh well, you snooze you lose I guess! You'd think I had learned my lesson on that by now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Me too, but I was at work and checked and thought surely they'll be there when I wake up... WRONG
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 5:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I do have one on the way... sort of. I ordered one of those Tula krink kits from Rguns, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered two but might only need one. I'll have to check the kits.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
If those are the stocks made in taiwan they are pretty poor quality. I know krebs tried to use them, but sent them back. They aren't heat treated properly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If those are the stocks made in taiwan they are pretty poor quality. I know krebs tried to use them, but sent them back. They aren't heat treated properly.

Anyone
Confirm/Deny?
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone
Confirm/Deny?

I can't say for sure but honestly that was my first instinct when I found out about these earlier in the week.  The price is $120 and we haven't seen complete sidefolder kits with trunnion at those prices in years....except for the reverse-engineered Taiwanese copies which I understand are of poor quality.  People that used them complained of fitting issues and inferior metal components.
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I think there's probably going to be a lot of sad pandas out there when they receive their items.
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone
Confirm/Deny?

100% Confirmed here on the quality/ NOT FUKIN HEAT TREATED

We pressed the long rivet and this happened

We demilled the JUNK and installed a true Bulgy trunnion.  Rivets looked perfect inside/out and NO CRUSHED trunnion.  This product is pure trash and is quoted as MilSpec.....

Oh yeah, like FlaDevmeister stated fitting these things can be hell and they are not interchangable w/ real bulgy parts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
is there any way to heat treat?
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There is not enough carbon in the material to heat treat properly.  We also do not have a clue what this metal actual is either.

so, NO...
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone
Confirm/Deny?

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/CIMG1303.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/CIMG1307.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/CIMG1312.jpg

We demilled the JUNK and installed a true Bulgy trunnion.  Rivets looked perfect inside/out and NO CRUSHED trunnion.  This product is pure trash and is quoted as MilSpec.....

Oh yeah, like FlaDevmeister stated fitting these things can be hell and they are not interchangable w/ real bulgy parts.

Whoa!  That sucks!

My bulgy krink kit came with an underfolder stock, so I had to search out a bulgy sidefolder.  Thankfully I found one and didn't settle on one of those!
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 5:23:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone
Confirm/Deny?

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/CIMG1303.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/CIMG1307.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/CIMG1312.jpg

Rube and I made a great team on this!! Always nice to have someone back you up!

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Finished product

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is not enough carbon in the material to heat treat properly.  We also do not have a clue what this metal actual is either.

so, NO...

Friend heat treated on of these trunnions and YES it turned out hard enough to be considered spec.  He used the squashed trunnion and cut it  in half. The half heat treated was extremely strong!  Without the heat treating, these trunnions are still trash.

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top