Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2009 1:44:35 PM EDT
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone wanted or had the need for a padded and/or extended butt plate for the side folding butt-stock? I am working on a design for one now and am looking for some people to test them out. My design is for a bolt-on style that could be easily removed with two screws and it will have substantial padding.  

The side folding stock I am talking about can be seen on this k-var link:        http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16194

I wanted to work on two different types:

The first design is an extended pad. I am a tall shooter, 6' 5", and would like for the short folder to be a little longer. Not to mention the current stock is metal with no padding.

The second design will be one that simply adds a small amount of padding to the butt stock.

I am working on a parts order now. I was wondering if any of you all had any insight was to what would be a good idea. My idea is extremely simple. I have talked to several well known gun smiths and they all like my idea and believe it could work well as well as fairly inexpensive. I have seen some that I believe are not the best made and may not perform as well as my design will. Let me know if you all have any thoughts or are at all interested in this project. I hope to have prototypes posted soon.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
maybe make this a poll and see what the interest would be. I'm 5'8" and personally prefer the shorter stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Never mind....... I was referring to the polymer folder vise the triangle folder.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I think your immediate competition would be a grenade recoil slip on pad. They add about an inch to the LOP, are cheap and pretty easy to find, plus give a nice tuck in the shoulder pocket when firing.

It's good to see you are trying to innovate but my caveman brain isn't getting past the recoil pad

Z
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
What I am looking to build is more of a custom solution. This could work for taller shooters, or simply and some more padding to the stock. The pads I believe you're talking about do no look that great are attached by a strap. Mine would actually fasten to the stock using screws.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top