Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:52:50 PM EDT
Just bought a Saiga 308 with a muzzle brake and would appreciate suggestions for a flash hider. The muzzle brake will have to be completely removed and there are no threads underneath so the hider will have to be welded on. Suggestions please.
Misc
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are willing to spend the cash-
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=41935275

SVD flash hider-

The is also a shorter version; The Saiga .308 as sold in Europe uses a similar flash hider.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I would look into having the barrell threaded. You will have alot more options that way and if something better comes out in the future you can change it up!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry fellas I should have asked who sells quality flash hiders that fit a Saiga 308 in the U.S. The welded muzzle brake is right up against the front sight assembly so correct me if I'm wrong but the assembly will have to be removed to thread the barrel and repositioned but will anything need to be done to the end of the barrel itself?
Misc
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone?
Misc
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You may have to have it turned down then threaded. First thing is decide what device you want.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.
Misc
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sorry fellas I should have asked who sells quality flash hiders that fit a Saiga 308 in the U.S. The welded muzzle brake is right up against the front sight assembly so correct me if I'm wrong but the assembly will have to be removed to thread the barrel and repositioned but will anything need to be done to the end of the barrel itself?
Misc

Generally if there is a welded muzzle break, there are probably threads underneath...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Dave_A , I was hoping for that myself but this is a Saiga 308-1 converted by what use to be Hesse Arms now Vulcan Arms. The literature I received from the seller indicates it had a short flash hider but Hesse removed it due to the Clinton Era ban and installed a AMD 65 style muzzle brake with 2 oval holes running through it. Fortunately, Hesse didn't  modify it enough to call it JUNK! None of his infamous welds on the receiver thankfully just a pistol grip conversion and the muzzle brake.
Misc
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top