Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 4:15:12 PM EDT
I am really feeling the need for a 308 AK. I was looking at the VEPR ll 308, but I want it to be able to except high cap magazines. I hear that they can be converted to take M14 mags, do the magazines themselves have to be modified or is it the rifle itself that is modified? How much does it cost to do and could i do this myself? Any help would be great.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend is very happy with his 8rnd model.
I know nothing about the conversion other than the mags are about $40, and the mags must still work in the originally intended gun or the mods are illegal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The robarms site has the info on it. As I remember the conversion runs $200 for Galil magazines, which themselves run $80+ each.  I am not sure about M14 mags, but I think the Galil mags are the way to go in any case.

The VEPR .308 is getting the same reputation for pounding recoil the Galil .308 has, but you might have more options for a better stock with the various VEPR wood stock models.

Scope mounts are not holding up on the VEPR. They might have a redesigned mount in the works, or at least they should.

$40 for a 10 round mag is a big turnoff, but the Saigas have the same problem.

Robert
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top