Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:38:52 PM EDT
i need some help here... having trouble finding a gas tube for my saiga conversion. im doing the ak74 conversion. im looking to install an ak47 handguard on it. having trouble finding the gas tube i need. Anyone know where i can find one? Used or new is just as good. I couldnt find a classified section on this site either. thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
go to the equipment exchange and i the want to buy - ak related section put up an add for a gas tube. Otherwise in the same EE look for gas tubes in the ak section. Gun broker is another place to look. KVAR probably has some, and I think APEX might also.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you for the response. where do i find the ee? I cant seem to find it anywhere
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Orange button top right of the screen
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you get an AK74 tube! NOT a 47 tube. There is a difference:

I know the tube in the picture is a Saiga tube, the differences I am talking about are the angled cuts where the tube will lock. I got the 47 tube and it would not fit into the saiga without some heavy filing, i doubt i would have been able to lock the lever as well without more filing. i recently got a Bulgarian 74 tube on an ak forum and it fit perfectly without any modifications.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never really cared myself to be honest, that's what the dremel is for

Although it is optimal to have the parts fit properly without modification. Come to think of it, I usually just by 74 parts for all my conversions anyway, regardless of caliber (223 / 5.45 / 7.62x39)
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top