Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2009 5:46:47 AM EDT
I found the vepr receiver block online to install a folding stock. stock looks like an xcr stock which i have one lying round. i would like to use my stock if possible plus what pistol grip has anyone used?
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I found the vepr receiver block online to install a folding stock. stock looks like an xcr stock which i have one lying round. i would like to use my stock if possible plus what pistol grip has anyone used?

I have used the version that fits an AK, along with a Galil style pistol grip.  They are very nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you using the Rob Arm/xcr folding stock?

Link Posted: 2/18/2009 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have used the version that fits an AK, along with a Galil style pistol grip.  They are very nice.

Did you have to cut off the tang on the receiver? Ace Ltd ad says you  have to, I assume all Veprs or it might be just the Krebs, I am not sure.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you have to cut off the tang on the receiver? Ace Ltd ad says you  have to, I assume all Veprs or it might be just the Krebs, I am not sure.

I replied to your IM.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
can we get some pics...i might consider doing this to mine too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.riflestocks.com/VEPR.htm

Check these out. Link won't go hot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#7]
http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=93_94_109&products_id=302

I can not get this one to work either for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone try this on a non-kreb?
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#10]
This statement on the ad I am not sure about:

Note: you must cut off the tang on the receiver to install this receiver block.

If you use the first link, it has pics of the Vepr with the folding stock.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
For the Vepr Reciever Block you do have to cut the tang for the folding stock. I think it would be worth it though. ACE stocks are high quality not fimbsy junk like some other stuff. Although if you ordered the "pig nose" I think you could mount an M-4 style stock without cutting the Tang.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#12]
What is the best way to cut the tang and what should I use?
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone else have one on a Vepr? I have not ordered the receiver block yet. I need to check and see if my XCR stock will work so I don't have to buy the whole kit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Although if you ordered the "pig nose" I think you could mount an M-4 style stock without cutting the Tang.

This is True.  I used the pig nose and notched the receiver block to clear the tang.  This way I can go back to factory configuration having made no permanent modifications.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

When I did it with an AK, I used a Dremel with a heavy-duty cutting disc. Work slow, and you'll be done in 5-10 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I did it with an AK, I used a Dremel with a heavy-duty cutting disc. Work slow, and you'll be done in 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking a dremmel. Not much bare metal after the detanging but did you do anything to protect it?

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top