Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:51:44 PM EDT
Saw a converted Saiga today. US wood and "some" US parts. Has on it "Russian American Armory Company, Scottsburg, IN. Has SAIGA on it. Is that company the one that brings in all the Saiga"s? Any info? Have a chance to make it mine. Would have to do something with the fsb though

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
RAA is the current importer. I believe EAA was, at one point.

http://www.raacfirearms.com/

Beyond that.... I dunno nothing.
Bill
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I guess I posted before looking more. They are the current importer. What are these conversions worth? I will try to get pics and post later. No Y stamp but does have the dimples.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Saw a converted Saiga today. US wood and "some" US parts. Has on it "Russian American Armory Company, Scottsburg, IN. Has SAIGA on it. Is that company the one that brings in all the Saiga"s? Any info? Have a chance to make it mine. Would have to do something with the fsb though

Thanks

i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd64/marauder_album/saiga003-1.jpg
i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd64/marauder_album/saiga002-1.jpg

Is that a bolt on handguard retainer or a military one? Saiga OEM rear sight or military? What bullet guide was used, and how was it installed, with a rivet or a screw? Hell, from the picture it looks like there is no bulletguide at all; which would mean either it takes modified mags, which is fixable, or they welded one in, which is an immediate pass.
Looks like a $500 or so conversion from the pics, assuming a proper bullet guide magazine conversion, US furniture/pistol grip conversion, no holes welded up, reused the trigger guard and selector. If they riveted in the bullet guide, and used a military handguard retainer and rear sight I'd say closer to $600. It does have dimples, which were rare but seems like there are a lot with dimples nowadays ('bout f'ing time).
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Depending on the conversion $500.-$650.00.  Pictures would help since there are different levels of conversion.

I see alot of companies converting them and selling them for well over $800+. Even the ones with no Dimples going for over 1k with the right getup on it. The cold war have been over alot sooner if the Soviets had to build their AKs at over a grand a piece :P.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Depending on the conversion $500.-$650.00.  Pictures would help since there are different levels of conversion.

I see alot of companies converting them and selling them for well over $800+. Even the ones with no Dimples going for over 1k with the right getup on it. The cold war have been over alot sooner if the Soviets had to build their AKs at over a grand a piece :P.

There are conversions, and then there are conversions. High-end $800+ conversions typically have military handguards and handguard retainer which requires milling the barrel; military front sight base with muzzle device, military gas chamber, military trigger guard (not reused SAIGA), military selector, a rear sight with more than 3 selectable ranges, and the extra holes welded up and the rifle refinished. If the rifle has a left side folding stock then the receiver has to be demilled and re-riveted.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top