Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:48:39 PM EDT
Looking for Romanian wire side folder stock  (and Romanian wood pistol foregrip)

IM/PM or E-mail me if you have one, know someone who does or know where I can buy one online, PLEASE!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
HA! Good luck with the stock, people are suddenly selling the few available for $100.  My suggestion?  Buy an E. German one for about 50-60 and be happy.  They ore VERY SLIGHTLY different from the Romanian ones.  As far as the forward grip, they are pretty common.  Someone will come along with one of those relatively cheap.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered an E.German one on the EE forums. Can't wait to get & install it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you can get one,  if you go to Romania.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Scott has the pistol grip lowers for around $15.00

http://dpharms.com/romanian-wood-fwd-hand-guard-wpistol-grip-p-111.html
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HA! Good luck with the stock, people are suddenly selling the few available for $100.  My suggestion?  Buy an E. German one for about 50-60 and be happy.  They ore VERY SLIGHTLY different from the Romanian ones.  As far as the forward grip, they are pretty common.  Someone will come along with one of those relatively cheap.

do the e.germans install the same way?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they install exactly the same and the shape of the stock is the same.  The difference seems to lie in the locking mechanism.  The East German uses a small lever on the rear of the stock while the Romanian seems to use a button.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
SKSMAN has Romy folders listed on website - $85.  Go to site, the look under Stocks, Ak - then go to page 2 of 3

http://www.sksman.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, they install exactly the same and the shape of the stock is the same.  The difference seems to lie in the locking mechanism.  The East German uses a small lever on the rear of the stock while the Romanian seems to use a button.

They install completely different. Romanian use the 2 stock screw style used on a wooden stock while the German one uses only 1 screw and a mounting bracket attached to the bottom of the receiver by the pistol grip nut............

I prefer the East German mounting system more since it is sturdier...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, where can I get an East German Wire folding stock? ??   Especially for $50!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]
On the equipmet exchange here, they are about50 plus shipping.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
FRIGGIN SWEET!!! Brand NEW and straight from Germany!    SA=WeeeeT!!!1

Thanks guys!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#12]
That's how I felt when I ordered mine Kommando; my girlfriend asked if I could talk about something besides guns...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#13]
So, did you get yours?  I can't wait.  I've been rebuilding a lo-cap WASR to hi-cap kick azz status, and this will make it that much cooler.

I can't wait to post pics of finished rifle.   Sheeeit, I can't wait to SHOOT it!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a EG one from a groupbuy which was only $60 delievered to my door. I installed it on a WASR which I just got back from AKUSA with a brand new blued finish.. the thing looks sweet-. I also ordered one from Stottman which I plan on keeping in the wrapper and tucking away for safe keeping...

Here is a pic of my first one on one of my Wasrs...

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They install completely different. Romanian use the 2 stock screw style used on a wooden stock while the German one uses only 1 screw and a mounting bracket attached to the bottom of the receiver by the pistol grip nut............

I prefer the East German mounting system more since it is sturdier...

..now i'm confused. lol.
if i have the standard rear in the gun, will the e. german folder fit in with no modification?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#16]
yes, but you will have to remove the pistol grip in order to install it as the nut that the pistol grip screws into acts as an anchor for the EG stock
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#17]
oh. ok. sweet, that actually sounds like its more stable than the romy folder. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#18]

32.97 a year ago

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I found them for $22.99.     Problem is they have a tac weld on the pivot holding them fixed.  The supplier claims that the weld can be ground off, permitting the stock to be folded.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I found them for $22.99.     Problem is they have a tac weld on the pivot holding them fixed.  The supplier claims that the weld can be ground off, permitting the stock to be folded.  

If you can buy them for $23 each, I would get them all.  15 minutes with a dremel tool, a little cold blue, and you can turn them around for $60 each.  

Yes it is relatively easy to remove the weld.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#21]
where did you find them for 22 at? i would love to get one and do the work to it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
where did you find them for 22 at? i would love to get one and do the work to it.

taggarooni
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#23]
tag for answer......
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA   Nice try....   Once I find out if they have them in stock, and am able to secure one or two, I promise I will let y'all know.

I don't want to tell, and have some greedy sum-beeatch order them all, just to turn a profit on us!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#25]
can you find out if you can secure a bunch more than one or two, i'm sure there are the people on the site that would go in on it with you- for the most part, we aren't interested in screwing the little people, we're interested in getting what is becomming a really hard to find folder for some stupid reason.

i do hope they have them in stock and just aren't like every other place.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, no luck.

The catalog was from FAC or gunsnstuff.net   and apparently they are out of business. Website has been gone for a long time, and the phone # is not in service.....sh*t!!

That sucks, I used to get a lot of good stuff from them.

If anyone knows if this company changed names or if the owner still is in business elsewhere, PLEASE let me know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Out of buisness, not a name change, happend several months ago
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Man, that sucks. That company had damn near EVERYTHING.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top