Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 2:51:03 PM EDT
Hi, I just picked up a wasr-10 today at a gun show and when I got home I noticed the muzzle break is crooked! (Didn't notice when I bought it). The bottom U shape is more at a 45 degree angle than a 90 with the barrel. The sight is straight. Do I need to get this taken off and put back on right or is it ok like it is? Also the trigger assembly is tapco USA, I think that's good since one of the weaknesses I heard of the wasr was poor trigger assembly. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a slant brake there.  It is normal for it to sit at an angle.

Here is a closeup.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The AK recoils up and to the right, the slant brake pushes it back down that way...it is installed correctly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The AK recoils up and to the right, the slant brake pushes it back down that way...it is installed correctly.

So it's NOT supposed to be installed straight up and down?

Why does the gun recoil up and to the right instead of straight up like every other gun?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear it! Thanks. I never saw an AK with a muzzle break up  close and just assumed they went up and down. Can't wait to put some of the 500 rds of wolf ammo I got  thru her
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it may have to do with counter-torque and the round twisting down the barrel. I may be talking out my ass, though.

Oh yeah, BTW...

It's BRAKE, not BREAK. Like the brakes on your car.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So it's NOT supposed to be installed straight up and down?

Why does the gun recoil up and to the right instead of straight up like every other gun?

When the bolt / bolt carrier slams the next round into the chamber, the left side of the bolt carrier hits the receiver frame on the left very hard. This causes it to jerk right, adding to the upward recoil.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought the exact same thing when I got my AK back from informer several years ago.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top