Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:48:59 AM EDT
Got a phone call from SOG this morning, they're shipping my PSL today so I should have it by Friday, Now my question is what happened to Ed's and does anyone else may poly stocksets for the PSL, preferably in something apporaoching that level of quality...
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is SOG?  Also, Classic Arms is litterally next door to me, so I am going to look at their Romack-3s Friday and hopefully pic one up.  What should I look for?  Is Classic Arms OK to deal with?  What scope mount type does it have?  Let me know something before Friday please.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
SOG is Southern Ohio Gun. It was the cheapest places I found the Romak-3. $600 with the PSO scope.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get it yet?  Let me know.  IM me if you can.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
No, they were slow getting it out the door, my FFL gets in on Wed and I'll be going there straight after work to get it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine ships today.  Hopefully I will get it next Monday as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
GOT IT!!! Ordered it in April and I finally have it!
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/uploaded/toe_ball/2005728181_IMG_1770b.jpg
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:40:01 AM EDT
[#8]
What came with it?  Seems like that are shipping them with fewer accessories these days.  Used to get them with a case, sling, bayonet, scope cover, filter lens, cleaning kit, rod , and 2 mags.  Now they come in a box with one mag and pray something else.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Came with sling, rod, scope and cover, 1 mag I'd say that there's not bayo lug on there but it could have been milled off
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got mine Tuesday too. Yours looks better than mine. My scope showes a little use and wood is not as good as yours. Had mine ordered since then too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
what kinda ammo is that in the picture???     the grain is my main concern
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I was very suprised by the quality after seeing some of the ones at the gun shows. The finish didn't really have any marks in it either. The ammo is Albanian 147 grain steel core. SG sent me the wrong stuff because I ordered CZ silver tip but I wasn't going to complain about brass instead of steel and it's still the right weight.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Wonder why no bayo lug?  Does it look like a kit gun?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, it's got all the apropriate import markings, but, now that you mention it, I do find it a little odd that the safe/fire on the reciever are in english while the scope is in, what I assume to be romanian. At least the lettering is latinic rather than cyrilic. Incidently, it's stamped as an FPK which suprised me a bit. If it's a kit gun, they did a very good job of it. The action is alot smoother than I would have expected after reading all the various reviews and such, but then again it came with a tag attached to indicate that it was a used firearm. I cycled some dummy rounds a friend gave me through it. I can say it's really smooth action, it'll probably fling prass 20' along the bench, which should make me popular at the range, and honestly, I think it may have been refinished, not well but refinished none the less. Also the muzzle break is welded on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Got mine yesterday - a SOG gun from Tennesse Guns.  It seems as if it was a rebarreled kit gun since it had a red "Imported by k-var" sticker on the upper handguard.  The finish is beyond horrible and needs to be completely stripped and gunkoted.  The tag that came on it says to take it to a gunsmith to be checked/head spaced as it was checked by TG for accessories only - not very reassuring if you ask me.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top