Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:57:18 AM EDT
What pieces or parts will i need to attach a bayonet to my Wasr-10?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need to replace the gas block with one that has an intact bayonet lug. Then have the barrel threaded for either a barrel nut or slant break. Once you have those, a bayonet can be installed.

Keep in mind all the 922 rules.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
At my local gun show a week ago I asked a guy selling all the ak stuff.  Sounded like it would cost me about a hundred bucks to put the gas block on, with another piece on the front to put a flash hider looking thing on it.
$100 just to get the parts for a bio does this sound right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
A new gas block costs $27,slant muzzle brake is $10,muzzle brake retaining pin and spring is $10. So that is about $55 for just parts after you add shipping. Then you will have to buy or rent a threading kit to thread the barrel which is $66 or $20 to rent one.  
So it adds up to $75 to $111 for parts and tools.
Of course you will need a hydrolic press to remove the front sight and gas block after removing the retaining pins in each. Then press the new gas block on and the front sight back on. Then re-pin both.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I read about the threading kit.  Has anyone tried it?  If so what were your results and how difficult was it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I threaded the barrel on my SAR-2 with the kit I rented from wjm over on the other board.  Followed the instructions and it took about 15 minutes - very easy to do.

CLICK HERE

But the wait on the kit is about a month or so now.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top