Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 7:32:15 PM EDT
Ive been going back and forth  between the black and the plum colored stocks. I really havent seen a good pic of the plum. I was thinking that  the plum color would look a little better offsetting the black receiver/barrel. Some pics make the plum look too much like purple. Any input or pics would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They're quite purple.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks,no one wants a purple gun. Cant go wrong with the black.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
They're actually kind of cool looking.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I PURCHASED FROM K-VAR THERE PLUM STOCK SET THAT WERE TAKE OFFS FROM RUSSIAN AK-74. THEIR AMERICAN PLUM COLORED PISTOL GRIP WAS A MISMATCH FROM THE STOCK, SO I LEFT THE BLACK PISTOL GRIP ON. THE RUSSIAN TAKE OFF ARE VERY DARK AND AT NIGHT LOOK BLACK, AND WITH THE SLANT BRAKE LOOKS GOOD.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine. I like it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the plum on a sar3, not bad but I do prefer either the OD green or black, got those too. I guess it's the look each of us prefers. The plum isn't my favorite of all that I have.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here's mine. I like it.
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=26511

Yup, my SEAK looks pretty much just like that.  I'll post some pics of it later.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the pic. It  looks good. At this point with the Romanian prices I cant go wrong. Im in the market for a digital cam and the pic was so clear, what kind of cam did you use? Thanks for the input everyone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the pic. It  looks good. At this point with the Romanian prices I cant go wrong. Im in the market for a digital cam and the pic was so clear, what kind of cam did you use? Thanks for the input everyone.

Thanks for the compliment, chiburi! That picture was taken with a Nikon CoolPix 4300.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's what it will look like in direct sunlight.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Only way to really get an accurate color of something is with no flash or a bounce flash.  A direct flash will usually distort the color and cause a really bad glare.  Plum ain't purple either.  Here's a very accurate pic of mine taken with a bounce flash.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#12]
squeky! Where did you get your kit from???
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
K-Var

Man, I hate supporting a monopoly.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my Plum on my SAR1. Really nice looking set. I have black on the SAR2 and I like that too. So gettem all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I took the plum set from my 5.45 kit and put it on my Junker BB gun.  No worry with US parts kit there... and it's original rooskie.  I think it's pretty cool, but  you know what they say, once you go black...
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top