Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 4:59:10 PM EDT
got a question for y'all:  i have a SAR1 (luv it), but it shoots to the left.  i've studied the FSB from every angle (even the scary one) and i can't see any cant. it looks perfectly inline with the receiver (as does the gas block). i've got my front post adjusted way to the left and my mojo way to the right to correct the problem, i've just about got point of impact centered.  it really bothers me to have the sights so overadjusted to compensate for a flaw, i think it screams "poor quality".  is there anything other than FSB cant that would cause a "leftie"? anyonelse ever experience this?  would recrowning be the best place 2 start?

thanx
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
 Assuming that the front sight base is reasonably straight, you are correct in assuming that the crown may be suspect.

Usually a visual examination of the crown will reveal any major flaws, but it is conceivable that a small almost undetectable flaw could cause what you are describing.

If recrowning does not cure the problem, I would think that your next step would be to cant the front sight base slightly to recenter your sights.

Chuck
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had the same problem with new rifles from tme to time and some old codger from a .22 league gave me some good advice.  

Many times there are some small burrs in the barrel after manufacturing. Take a steel brush, oil it up well, and run it through the barrel a couple times. Don't do it a lot, just a few times to break away any burrs.

It might be worth a shot.  It has helped me in the past.  Otherwise, I would look at recrowning as 300ydclean said.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top