Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 3:43:55 PM EDT
My younger brother has a Romanian Ak-47 (SAR-1) and I was wondering what I could buy him for it for his Birthday.  I know he needs more ammo and mags of course, but what else could I get and where?  I think he wants a Bi-pod and maybe a scope.  Most likely a simple red-dot scope for plinking.  Is it worth it to get a 75 round drum for $55?  I've never used one.  What else would you get for yours?.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Kobra, RSA trigger set, more ammo and mags.
$55 is good for a Romy drum, Chicom drums are triple that. Romys load from the top (lots of shoving) at rattle. Chicoms load into an opened backside, have no spring tension until you wind it up a few turns, and have far less 'sack of bbs' sound.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]
How much will an RSA trigger set cost me?  Are they farily easy to install yourself?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of stocks does he have on it? I love the extended length US made od green ones I got from KVAR
www.k-varcorp.com/
Also Aim Surplus has some great deals on mags right now, why not get him 10?
www.aimsurplus.com/

It's an AK you gotta have a drum! They are inexpensive & they are available. Complete blast for bumping, ah I mean plinking.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My choices would be the RSA trigger group.  A monkey can do it.  Especially if you spend the extra $15 and get the reatiner clip.

A Kobra red dot sight, a polymer stock set from K-Var. They come in Black, Plum, or O.D. green.  They are worth it for the heat sheilded handguard if anything.

Other than that, mags, lots of mags.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
$55 dollars is probably the best price you will find for a Romanian drum, as it seems like they usually go for $75-$100.  I just ordered 2 myself and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.

Anyway, my top 5 would be:

1. Magazines (includes drums)

2. Upgrade furniture

3. Kobra red dot sight

4. Trigger upgrade

5. Another AK
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much will an RSA trigger set cost me?  Are they farily easy to install yourself?

$75 for the HTS, $12 for the retainer plate if you choose to replace the shepards hook that vexs many firsttimers. As good as any $200 AR trigger, except it is fully adjustable for weight, length of pull, overtravel, and choice of single or dual stage.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
would this trigger make "bumping" a lot easier?  Just wondering.  Where's the best place to get these things?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at sportsmans Guide for the RSA trigger group. They had them for like $56 bucks at one point. I bought one from them a few months ago.
Very nice stuff.

Try www.sportsmansguide.com

Andy
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#10]
call me sappy but I did the sear work myself and value the gun more because of that.

1.  sear work
2.  ammo
3.  mags
4.  moe ammo
5.  more mags
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They have them again www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=70670

Crap! I called them less than 2 weeks ago to be sure they didn't have them. The extra $20 I spent I could have used on something else.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They have them again www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=70670

Crap! I called them less than 2 weeks ago to be sure they didn't have them. The extra $20 I spent I could have used on something else.

Bottom of page...."out of stock"
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top