Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/4/2003 11:27:53 PM EDT
I tried a search but didn't turn up anything.

I am looking for 30-round mags for my SAR-1.  I bought a "New East German" 30-rounder but there was a LOT of paint missing and a lot of exposed metal.  Also, it doesn't fit really well.. hard to insert and then there seems to be a lot of "play".  -The 10 rounder that came with the gun is perfect.

I don't need the cheapest mags... I don't mind paying a LITTLE more for good ones.

Any ideas???

Thanks!
Logistar
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]
www.tapco.com/

www.cdnninvestments.com/ak471.html

www.joeken.net/

www.interordnance.com/

Plus you can go to AuctionArms.com, GunBroker.com and Ebay and search for AK mags.

Personally I like the Romanian mags I had some FTF with a Polish steel and I have read about cracking problems with the plastic Polish mags.

I have a couple Hungarian mags coming and I will see how those work.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Bulgarian waffle mags...they are sweet!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check out the Bulgarian waffle mags...they are sweet!

I have a mix of just about everything, I like the Bulgie polymer waffles the best...  No surprise that my favorite 74 mags are also the Bulgie polymers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!

I keep hearing about those "waffle" mags.  They must be pretty good.  (Pretty neat idea... if you are in combat and empty the mag... a little syrup and you have a snack too!)

Seriously thanks again.  I'll check it out!

Logistar
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The Polish steel mags fro AIM are damn fine.  I got 20 of them (finally), and they all look fine.  They look flat black painted, and are in nice shape.  10 or more ordered gets them to you for $6.50/ea, plus shipping, so not too bad.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
best mag equals Romanian 75 rnd!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top