Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2020 10:02:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eddie502]
Hey all, I have a pestilence rifle that should be shipping this week (21 week wait so far ). I did a search, and nothing came up here. What are your thoughts on them? I know on some Redit threads shit on them, but never really say why.

Anyone have one, and how does it run? I have seen only good reviews on them, but would like to know what you guys think. Is it the price why they shit on them?

Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard nothing but great reviews from AKOU, guys on the more snob gun groups, etc. I have zero doubt its quality. But, the fucking wait is redonkulous. When I ordered, the wait time was 10-12 weeks. I emailed them recently (at 12 weeks) and my rifle has not even been queued for assembly yet. So we will see if its worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea I get it, and to make matters worse, I originally placed an order for a UCR-47 in December. I asked to switch to a pestilence, and it started my wait time over again. So both counted, I am at almost 8 months.

Also, I have been told for the past three weeks that it was shipping that week.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Any luck on getting your rifle yet?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one yesterday... the wait begins.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 6:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rh1030] [#5]
My experience with it would say it's a smooth system. I got the UCR model and think it's pretty nice. The reason I will talk "bad" about it is because I don't think it's worth the price. All I got was the Dead Air brake and ALG trigger and it cost a lot. I don't feel I got what I paid for. Plus they put what's probably the cheapest and crappiest stock on it I've ever seen or felt. Ships with a whopping one magazine. The operation is nice and so is the trigger. Fit and finish seems to be nice to me too. Ships with a whopping one magazine.

I have the Meridian, a ZPAP and a preban Hungarian SA-85M. I don't feel the Meridian offers me anything the other two don't besides the nicer trigger. It almost feels the same as my SA-85M. How it compares to something else like the Pestilence or the Volk model, I'm not sure and can't speak on that.

Fit and function seem great and I'm sure it's reliable as I have heard nothing bad about it. The biggest thing for me is it's not worth what I paid for it (in my opinion). Not to mention I waited about 62 weeks to get it in my hands. i originally wanted the Volk, but for the almost $3k they charge, I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on an AK.

If it was my only AK and the only one I had experience with, I'd be happier with it and I'm sure most people are. I don't mean to put you down for buying one and hope you love your purchase. I'm just sharing my experience with them because like you said, people don't really say why they don't like them, just they cost a lot and the wait is too long.

At the end of the day, to me, it wasn't worth it. In fact, I'm considering selling mine at the moment.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top